Industry certification, Employment, Measurable skills gain
Method of Delivery
Daytime Hours, Evening Hours
Instructional Program (CIP)
• Twelve (12) weeks with three (3) weeks of embedded unpaid hands-on job-shadowing experience.
• 50% of the course is classroom instruction comprised of reading, math, safety, HVAC, electrical, refrigeration, heating, air distribution, blue print reading, piping, brazing, geothermal heat pump, residential energy and AHRI Efficiency Standards.
• 50% of the course is hands-on training in the career lab and the job shadowing experience.
• HVAC installation apprentice
• HVAC service technician apprentice
• Home Energy Auditing
• Commercial and Residential building maintenance
Certifications achieved upon course completion:
• NCCER Core
• NCCER HVAC Level 1
• EPA Section 608 Certification
• 1st Year Apprenticeship Certification
• 10 hour OSHA
• Fork Lift Training and Certification
• R 410 A Refrigerant Certification
• Gas Tite Certification
• 18 years or older
• High school diploma or GED Equivalent
• Valid Delaware State ID required
• Valid Delaware Driver’s License preferred
• Pass reading and math exam (TABE)
• Pass criminal background check and drug testing
Program Length (Weeks)
High School Diploma or Equivalent
WIOA Approved Program
500 Ships Landing Way
1 - Statewide
Type of Attainment:
Type of financial aid offered or have access to
Is the proposed curriculum currently certified by an accrediting agency or similar national standardization program?
Yes - NCCER
Is this proposed curriculum considered a nontraditional program of training services for women?
Is this proposed curriculum considered a nontraditional program of training services for men?
$176.00 Safety Equipment & Testing Materials
Supplies/Materials/Hand Tools (not included in tuition)
$135.00 Refrigeration Supplies and materials
Total In-State Program Cost