at University of Delaware in Newark, Delaware, United States
Project Manager/Sr. Project ManagerApply now (https://secure.dc4.pageuppeople.com/apply/858/gateway/default.aspx?c=apply&lJobID=496476&lJobSourceTypeID=796&sLanguage=en-us) Job no: 496476
College / VP Area:Facilities/Real Estate/Aux Svc
Work type: Staff
Categories: Full Time, Program/Project Management
Pay Grade: 32E/33E
Context of the Job:
Facilities Project Planning & Delivery is responsible for all planning, architectural and engineering design and construction of major and minor renovations and capital projects. In pursuit of these activities, the Department interfaces with the University community, outside contractors, and regulatory agencies. The department maintains the University’s Facilities Database, develops the University’s Design and Construction Specification Standards, and maintains the library of university building plans.
The Project Manager reports to and receives supervision from the Director. Items that may be typically expected by the Project Manager to facilitate, coordinate, or manage are as follows:
• Programming/Schematic Design/Design Development/Contract Documents, Bidding/Construction
• Plant property record document management and/or space management
• Coordination of the relocation and moving phase of projects.
• Selection, procurement, tracking, and installation of furniture on projects
• Coordination of the design, procurement, tracking and installation of interior and exterior project signage.
• Interface with University community, outside consultants, contractors, and regulatory agencies
• Coordinate projects from pre-design, through design, bid, construction, and post construction phases to meet objectives of scope, schedule, and cost.
• Act as the single project liaison and University representative among both internal and external entities, such as the intended user, University departments, University administration, consultants, contractors, and regulatory agencies.
• During the pre-design and design phases, prepare and update the project definition. Oversee the activities of the consultants. Manage the scope, schedule, and cost factors, taking appropriate corrective action, as necessary. Secure all internal and external approvals, through periodic reviews. Issue contracts and/or purchase requisitions required to complete preconstruction activities, such as survey, asbestos abatement and above/below grade investigation activities.
• During the bid phase, prepare bidders lists for approval. Initiate and conduct pre-bid and preconstruction meetings with bidders. Analyze bids, make recommendations, and award contracts. Issue contracts and/or purchase requisitions required to complete the work.
• During the construction phase, manage the project so that scope, schedule, and cost are not compromised. Inspect the work in-progress to assure compliance with contract documents. Initiate progress and other meetings to facilitate completion. Review and approve changes and payment applications. Initiate and monitor the building commissioning process. Manage or execute programs to move people, furniture, equipment, communication lines, and related items.
• During the post construction phase, manage the project closeout process. Supervise the completion of all punch list items quickly as required by the contract. Prepare responses and recommend solutions to any disputes or claims that arise during the project. Prepare evaluations of contractors and consultants according to department requirements. Work with Facilities Maintenance and Operations to turn over the buildings and to initiate systems training for Facilities Maintenance and Operations personnel.
• Coordinate design and installation of furniture and signage.
• Prepare reports for administration and project evaluations and feedback for the department database.
• Responsible for managing multiple projects, to include one major project.
• Perform miscellaneous job-related duties as assigned.
• Bachelor’s degree in Architecture or Engineering and six years experience in architecture/ engineering, construction, and contract budget preparation. Combination of directly related experience and education may be substituted for the degree requirement.
• Possession of one of the following certifications for the Sr. Project Manager: Project Management Professional (PMP), Professional Engineer license, or Professional Architectural license.
• Must be familiar with construction and contract documents, cost estimates, schedules, and building code interpretation.
• Must have excellent negotiating skills to interact effectively with both University personnel and contractors.
• Ability to work independently is needed.
• Must demonstrate a high degree of competence in verbal communication and integrating skills.
• Must be able to solve problems and resolve conflicts with diverse groups under minimum supervision.
• Must demonstrate the ability to handle multiple projects concurrently and exhibit strong organizational skills.
• Thorough knowledge of University policies and procedure is desirable.
• Working knowledge of Windows, Microsoft Project, Microsoft Office (Word and Excel), and AutoCAD is preferred.
• Must have valid driver’s license and regular access to private, reliable means of transportation to maneuver throughout the Newark campus and other University locations when operationally necessary.
Notice of Non-Discrimination, Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action
The University of Delaware does not discriminate against any person on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, genetic information, marital status, disability, religion, age, veteran status or any other characteristic protected by applicable law in its employment, educational programs and activities, admissions policies, and scholarship and loan programs as required by Title IX of the Educational Amendments of 1972, the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990, Section 504 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, Title VII of the Civil Rights Act of 1964, and other applicable statutes and University policies. The University of Delaware also prohibits unlawful harassment including sexual harassment and sexual violence.
Back to search resultsApply now (https://secure.dc4.pageuppeople.com/apply/858/gateway/default.aspx?c=apply&lJobID=496476&lJobSourceTypeID=796&sLanguage=en-us) Refer a friendTo view full details and how to apply, please login or create a Job Seeker account