at Department of Labor in New Castle, Delaware, United States
Job DescriptionDisability Determination Administrator Recruitment #120523-MDDS05-600800 Opening Date 12/7/2023 12:00:00 AM Closing Date 12/20/2023 11:59:00 PM Type of Recruitment Open Competitive Salary Yearly: $54,100.00/Min - $67,625.00/Mid Salary Plan M37 Pay Grade 16 Shift Hours 8:00am - 4:30pm Employment Type Actual Vacancy Employment Term Regular Agency DOL/Voc Rehab Svcs / Location(s) Dis Det Svs at Creekwood:
(920 W. Basin Road, New Castle, DE, 19720) Contact Name DOL/DHR Contact Phone 302-761-8015 Telework Eligible Yes Summary Statement This is the administrative management level responsible for overseeing and managing a major functional section for the Disability Determination Service program. The incumbent reports to the Deputy Director, assists with special assignments and acts on the Deputy Director's behalf in their absence. Plans, implements and assesses casework operations, coordinates statewide claims applications and referral process with the Social Security Administration and other divisional managers, resolves operational problems and recommends changes n policies and procedures. Prepares mandated reports annually. Essential Functions Essential functions are fundamental, core functions common to all positions in the class series and are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all job duties for any one position in the class. Since class specifications are descriptive and not restrictive, incumbents can complete job duties of similar kind not specifically listed here.
- Reviews claims and plans case development to adjudicate claims.
- Gathers necessary medical, vocational and other evidence by telephone and letter contact to clarify initially submitted information and obtain additional information needed to adjudicate a case.
- Reviews and analyzes medical, psychological, psychiatric, social, educational and vocational evidence to determine the severity of medically determinable impairments, justifiable onset date, and credible work-related limitations in accordance with Federal regulations and programmatic mandates.
- Requests consultative medical examinations to adjudicate claims and manages scheduling arrangements with medical providers and claimants to ensure that claimants attend examinations.
- Researches the affects of disease processes and resulting impact on the ability to perform work-related activities.
- Prepares documentation for favorable decisions; prepares written decision rationales and letters to inform claimants of unfavorable decisions made on their disability applications; and explains due-process and appeal rights.
- Authorizes payment of medical invoices.
- Maintains up-to-date reference materials and manuals necessary to the adjudication process.