at Baltimore Aircoil Company in Milford, Delaware, United States
Job DescriptionThe Mechanic III is a member of the Sheet Metal team and is responsible for parts fabrication and material movement in a safe manner and ensuring the quality of parts. The Mechanic III works as member of the larger Fabrication team and may flex to any of the departments or work stations as volume dictates. The employee demonstrates BACs values of Earning Trust, Embracing Responsibility, Showing Courage, and Driving Innovation, and is committed to achieving technical expertise in their department. The purpose for every position at BAC regardless of department or level can be summed up as doing the right thing in the right way.
- Owns personal and team safety. Observes all safety rules and uses the proper safety equipment at all times.
- Assist Senior Mechanics to complete fabricated parts in a safe and quality conscious manner eliminating risk of damage
- Perform functions as a Press Brake Helper, be able to perform Press Brake preventive maintenance, and program and run simple parts.
- Perform material kitting function, proficiently operate the shear and be able to perform shear preventive maintenance.
- Assist changing dies and CNC tooling.
- Perform function of the drop off rack associated with focus on scrap reduction.
- Help keep equipment in good operating condition.
- Meet daily production goals as assigned by the Team Leader or Station Leader
- Replenish supplies other consumables
- Actively learn all skills necessary to become a world class mechanic
- Follow all safety requirements regarding tools and PPE
- Actively acquire skills and ability to support the highest quality standards.
- Flex to other areas as needed demonstrating teamwork and a commitment to team success
- Perform all other tasks as directed by the supervisor
NATURE & SCOPE
Mechanic III reports to the Station Leader or Team Leader of the Sheet Metal Department, or a more senior Mechanic as assigned by the Supervisor.
KNOWLEDGE & SKILLS
- Read a tape measure and perform basic fractional calculations
- Competent in reading blue prints and reference drawings
- Competent in the use of critical measurement equipment including: micrometers, tape measures, dial calipers, square, protractor, and micrometer.
- Ability to access necessary information from fabrication data bases, as well as make date entries.
- Knowledgeable of sheet metal quality standards and General Customer Expectations standards
- Know how to correctly perform first part quality checks
- Ability to safely operate material handling equipment including pallet jacks, and jib cranes as required
- Team work and collaboration
- Knowledge of Lean Basics, 5S standards, the Seven Wastes, and how their application.
- Knowledge of all safety requirements associated with tasks
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of the job. While performing this job, the employee is regularly required to stand and walk up to 80% of the time. Employee will also be required to bend, stoop, kneel, squat, sit and reach on a regular basis during a normal working shift This position requires frequent lifting up to 50 pounds. Exposures include elevated noise levels associated with a manufacturing environment,...
Equal Opportunity Employer - minorities/females/veterans/individuals with disabilities/sexual orientation/gender identity