at The Terminix International Company in New Castle, Delaware, United States
Job DescriptionBenefits Start Day 1 for Full-Time Colleagues - No Waiting Period!
For more than 85 years, Terminix has built a reputation as one of the nation's leading providers of termite and pest control services, safeguarding over 3 million homes and businesses against all types of pests in 47 states and 14 countries.
What is this role about?
Our Service Managers play a key leadership role in our local Terminix branches. This role is all about leading and motivating our local Pest Technician Teams to provide outstanding service delivery of Terminix products to our valued customers.
What does a "Day-in-the-Life" look like?
Every day our teams of Pest Techs are out in the neighborhoods across the country visiting residential customers and performing their pest control treatments. The Service Manager at each local branch is responsible for ensuring this team is functioning effectively, operating efficiently and maintaining high levels of customer satisfaction. Here are a few more specifics of what you would be doing each day:
- Monitoring branch scheduling and ensuring pest tech routes are successfully completed
- Ensuring regulatory compliance and safety standards are met or exceeded
- Responding to customer concerns, including resolving cancellation requests
- Inspecting and evaluating the performance of Pest Technicians
- Monitoring and maintaining inventory levels of pest control products
- Facilitating continual training of local sales and service teams
What do I need to be successful?
- An associate's degree and a valid driver's license are both requirements. (A four year degree is highly desirable)
- Having 1-2 years of related experience is very helpful, but not required
- Willingness to relocate is highly desirable
- You are able to effectively lead and motivate others
- You have strong communications skills - impersonal, written, presenting
- You are good at problem solving and coming up with practical solutions
- You are able to build rapport easily and establish trust with customers and employees
- You are detailed oriented and understand the importance of safety
- You have a good aptitude for basic/intermediate math-- necessary for doing calculations related to sales and service
- Of course, given our business, you should be comfortable working outside and in confined spaces like crawl spaces and attics when necessary
Why should I choose Terminix?
In addition to being part of an iconic brand with a rich 85 year history, here are some other highlights of what you would receive as a member of the Terminix Team.
- Comprehensive training and licensure, all paid by the company
- Company vechicle, gas card, cell phone, and laptop
- Highly competitive compensation
- Opportunities for advancement and career growth
- Medical, dental and vision coverage + discounts on Terminix brands
- Short/long-term Disability and Life Insurance
- Paid time off
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature of the work being performed by employees assigned to this classification; they are not an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required for the position.
Terminix is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action-Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability status, age, marital status, protected veteran status or any other protected class.
Why Choose Rentokil ?
A career with Rentokil can be a professional trajectory filled with opportunity. We pride ourselves on being a world-class team that rewards high performance, and we love to promote from within. We offer competitive pay and many of our roles offer performance incentives.
Below you'll find information about some of what Rentokil has to offer. All Full-Time Colleagues qualify for the following and Part-Time Colleagues qualify for most benefits after they meet certain criteria.
Click here to read more about our Total Rewards Program which includes:
Professional and Personal Growth
- Multiple avenues to grow your career
- Rentokil Terminix is a Drug Free workplace
- Training and development programs available
- Tuition Reimbursement benefits (for FT Colleagues)
Health and Wellness
- Full-time colleagues are eligible to begin enrollment immediately upon hire with benefits starting on day 1
- Health benefits including Medical, Dental, Vision, Disability, and Life Insurance plus much more
Savings and Retirement
- 401(k) retirement plan with company-matching contributions
- Vacation days & sick days
- Company-paid holidays & floating holidays
- A company mindset that prioritizes health, safety, and flexibility
We are looking for individuals who want to make a difference where our customers live and work. Is that you?
Our companies are proud to be Affirmative Action (AA) and Equal Opportunity Employers (EOE) inclusive of veterans and those with disabilities.
California residents click here to review your privacy rights.
By applying to this position, you consent to receive an initial text message to collect your communication preferences. Message and data rates may apply. You can opt-out any time.