at WSFS Bank in Wilmington, Delaware, United States
Job DescriptionJob Description
The Corporate Accounting Analyst will support all accounting related activities including journal entries, reconciliations, and financial statement analysis of the period-end close. This position will also support accounting and reporting initiatives, working with stakeholders across the organization to address accounting matters and areas of risk.
- Support the period-end financial close process, including recording journal entries and performing financial analysis of Balance Sheet and Income Statement accounts.
- Prepare balance sheet reconciliations within the established deadlines, researching, supporting and decisioning reconciling items in accordance with company policy.
- Preparing and updating monthly DDA Master Listings, including saving the reconciliations and other support.
- Identify and support process improvements, including automation of certain close functions and template standardization.
- Perform various operational tasks, such as cash fundings and settlement of intercompany receivables and payables.
- Support SOX compliance for all corporate accounting processes, including maintenance of SOX process documentation.
- Perform various ad-hoc analyses, as needed.
- Other responsibilities may be assigned as necessary.
- Bachelors degree in accounting strongly preferred; finance or other business discipline may be considered with relevant work experience. CPA and/or MBA is a plus
- Must have 1-3 years of work experience in an accounting department and/or public accounting.
- Must have previous experience in the Corporate Accounting function, including journal entries, account reconciliations and financial statement analysis preferred.
- Must have understanding of U.S. GAAP and SOX.
- Able to complete deliverables timely and accurately.
- Must have excellent written and oral skills that will allow for effective communication among internal stakeholders. must also have excellent listening ability.
WSFS Bank is inclusive and supportive of individual needs. If you have a physical or other impairment that might require an accommodation, including technical assistance with the WSFS Bank Careers website or submission process, please contact us via email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
WSFS is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics.