at University of Delaware in Newark, Delaware, United States
Job DescriptionUniversity of Delaware
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
The University of Delaware is an Equal Opportunity Employer which encourages applications from Minority Group Members, Women, Individuals with Disabilities and Veterans. The University's Notice of Non-Discrimination can be found at http://www.udel.edu/aboutus/legalnotices.html
Job No: 500595
Work Type: Staff
Categories: Student Affairs & Services, Full Time
PAY GRADE: 31E
CONTEXT OF THE JOB:
Under the general direction of the Senior Assistant Dean of Students, the Assistant Dean of Students manages and implements the administrative processes in the Office of the Dean of Students that respond to the needs of graduate and undergraduate students encountering personal or academic challenges. The Assistant Dean of Students collaborates with other University offices to develop programs that enhance the quality of student life, promote all facets of well-being, and respond to student concerns while maintaining strong working relationships and collaborations between the Office of the Dean of Student and the Division of Student Life.
- Maintain current knowledge of graduate and undergraduate student needs, student development and student learning research, theory and practice that best serve the needs of students.
- Supervise assigned case manager(s) in the Office of the Dean of Students.
- Consult, advise and engage in problem solving on complex matters with staff, families, faculty, and departments such as academic colleges, Office of Equity and Inclusion, Community Standards & Conflict Mediation, Center for Counseling and Student Development, University of Delaware Police Department, Student Health Services, Human Resources, and Disability Support Services.
- Meet with students who are experiencing crises to provide non-clinical support and advocacy.
- Intervene directly in sensitive cases involving critical illness or injury, mental health conditions, and fatalities and coordinate response as needed.
- Manage and implement the administrative activities associated with the Office of the Dean of Students.
- Manage projects and outreach initiatives within the Case Management & Student Advocacy Office to enhance student support and students’ access to resources.
- Advise the Office of the Dean of Student staff in best practices related to graduate students that have an impact on case management practices and policies.
- Represent the Office of the Dean of Students at campus-wide functions.
- Recommend and participate in the development of University policies and procedures.
- Serve as an advisor for Community Standards & Conflict Mediation.
- Adhere to compliance with the Family Education Records Privacy Act (FERPA) regarding students’ educational records.
- Serve as a mandated reporter for Title IX, Protection of Children from Abuse, and the Clery Act compliance.
- Represents the University at internal and external events and serves on division and university-wide committees as assigned.
- Available to staff and students outside regular business hours, for evening and weekend events, or other critical times.
- Perform other job-
Equal Employment Opportunity/M/F/disability/protected veteran status