at Merck in Millsboro, Delaware, United States
We have an exciting opportunity for a Senior Specialist in the Packaging category who will utilize the Sourcing Management Process (SMP) for strategic analysis of suppliers, supply markets and supply chains within the Packaging category. The role reports to the Director of the Packaging category. The Senior Specialist will take an active role in category management, contract management, risk management, stakeholder management, and supplier value management within this category. The incumbent will develop and maintain strong relationships with peers across the functions of our Animal Health Manufacturing Division and with suppliers as appropriate.
Primary activities include, but are not limited to:
· Supplier and Supply Market Analysis – to conduct a detailed supplier and supply market study looking at facts and data, reports and changes in technology and with the goal of providing deep and meaningful insight to Sourcing Management teams
· Sourcing Strategy Development – Develop in association with Director sourcing strategies that drive the key performance indicators of the department that are aligned with the Stakeholder Business needs and drive the most value for the company.
· Cost Modelling – to construct detailed cost models/purchase price investigations of goods and services that are supplied to our company; this may include supplier visits to create a complete comprehension of the cost structure of suppliers.
· Negotiation Planning and Execution – to create detailed pre-negotiation plans, to direct and participate any prolonged negotiation sessions with suppliers and to conduct post negotiation debriefs and follow through plans.
· Sourcing – to create and execute RFIs and RFPs together with subsequent structured information enquiries wherever possible using modern electronic procurement processes.
· Reverse Auctions – to prepare, guide, conduct and implement Reverse Auctions on selected sourcing opportunities.
· Contract Management – to prepare, negotiate and implement appropriate forms of contract and commitment with suppliers.
· Supplier Performance Management – to ensure that appropriate supplier agreements and relationships have good supplier metrics embedded within them. Monitor, report, manage and continuously improve supplier performance. Manage, report & escalate potential supply issues.
· Project Management Skills- to support sourcing (and others, as appropriate) project management by following the SMP and using project management tools for managing progress and communications to stakeholders
· Drive change & new product implementation projects forward to completion.
· Sharing of Learning – As Senior Specialist, the incumbent will be expected to generate work of a world class quality and share and transfer this to colleagues throughout procurement. Being able to work cross functionally within the Site Team, Region and across Categories and Regions and to share best practices where applicable.
· Works with all levels of the organization, and has demonstrated the following skills:
· Rapid / Disciplined decisions
· Acts with courage
· Results driven
· Escalation of issues / concerns to management, as appropriate
· Ability to Prioritize, Align and Simplify
Requirements For Education, Experience And Skills:
· Graduate degree desired
· Experience of sourcing-related working knowledge in the pharmaceutical or regulated industries in roles such as, but not limited to, formulation and packaging sourcing, contract management, and/or proposal development, a strong background & knowledge of Formulation and Packaging category (both contract manufacturing/packaging and packaging components), suppliers and Formulation and Packaging procurement subject matter expertise.
· Willing to travel, domestic and international to visit other sites and to meet with suppliers
· Ability to present, in person or virtually
· Excellent communication, relationship management, project management, and leadership skills.
· Experience with SAP MRP/ERP system(s) (preferred but not essential)
· Must be adaptable in dealing with ambiguous and complex environments.
· Able to effectively lead work within diverse cross functional teams to achieve client, department, and company goals
· Ability to analyse complex data and form a proposal to award business.
Current Employees apply HERE (https://wd5.myworkday.com/msd/d/inst/1422$1533/rel-task/3001$14.htmld)
Current Contingent Workers apply HERE (https://wd5.myworkday.com/msd/d/task/1422$4020.htmld)
Search Firm Representatives Please Read Carefully
Merck & Co., Inc., Rahway, NJ, USA, also known as Merck Sharp & Dohme LLC, Rahway, NJ, USA, does not accept unsolicited assistance from search firms for employment opportunities. All CVs / resumes submitted by search firms to any employee at our company without a valid written search agreement in place for this position will be deemed the sole property of our company. No fee will be paid in the event a candidate is hired by our company as a result of an agency referral where no pre-existing agreement is in place. Where agency agreements are in place, introductions are position specific. Please, no phone calls or emails.
Temporary (Fixed Term)
Flexible Work Arrangements:
Valid Driving License:
Requisition ID: R264157