at Benedictine Programs and Services in Ridgley, Maryland, United States
The Maintenance Worker provides general maintenance to 22 community group homes in Ridgely, Henderson, Denton, Easton, Trappe, and Annapolis.
Need more details? Here are the primary duties and responsibilities:
- Consistently report to work on time as scheduled, prepared to perform assigned duties and responsibilities during entire scheduled work period/ shift.
- Perform a wide variety of preventative and general maintenance as well as repairs to homes and equipment to provide a healthy and safe living environment.
- Perform other tasks related to maintain facilities in excellent condition.
- Respond to all maintenance requests promptly and professionally through a web-based work order request program.
- Report to Community Facilities Coordinator regarding issues resolved, those needing attention, and those currently in progress.
- Must have 5 years related experience performing maintenance duties.
- Must have licensure and/or working knowledge in one or more of the following areas:
- Mechanical maintenance and repair
- Must be reliable and consistently meet schedule requirements.
- Must be able to complete assigned work with minimum supervision.
- Must be flexible, able to adjust priorities and work pace based on urgent needs.
- Must be able to use tools and equipment necessary to perform the work in a safe manner.
- Must have some computer skills to access web-based programs.
- Must be a minimum of 21 years old.
- Must be able to provide proof of eligibility to work in US upon offer.
- Must pass pre-employment drug screen.
- Must pass pre-employment criminal background checks through CJIS as stated in Family Law Article 5-561, and pass pre-employment CPS check.
- Must have a current and valid driver's license in good standing and must have a driving record that would permit coverage under Benedictine driver's insurance.
Any very importantly...
- Must be a strong advocate of the Benedictine mission to help children and adults with developmental disabilities achieve their greatest potential, and be motivated to contribute to the mission with pride and integrity.