at CDM Smith in Wilmington, Delaware, United States
CDM Smith is seeking a Senior Data Privacy and IT Compliance Specialist. This individual performs security risk and impact assessments for 3rd parties (vendors, providers, and consultants) and oversees the risk assessment process from intake to completion. Performs, information risk classifications on information assets with applicable asset owners and communicates the risk. Support Business Technology IT General Controls assessment work and operations. Assists in reviews and updates to Privacy and Compliance related inventories, policies, procedures, training, and other privacy and compliance work as assigned. Work is performed with limited supervision.
• Performs vendor security risk assessments in partnership with other Information Security team members. Oversees the vendor security risk assessment process from intake through completion and performs required follow-up when needed. Performs reviews of third-party security audit or assessment reports (e.g., SOC reports, ISO 27001 certification/validation checks).
• Performs internal Information Risk Classification processes by working with internal teams on documenting, completing, and maintaining an inventory of internal, confidential business information and personal data to support record of processing activities and Controlled Unclassified Information System Boundary.
• Assists the data privacy and IT security team, and legal and procurement groups with reviewing and drafting data protection terms and conditions in vendor agreements.
• Participates in the preparation of privacy training, communication, and awareness materials. Trains internal and external teams and partners on applicable privacy and compliance materials and initiatives. Assists with and performs compliance reviews with external and/or internal auditors. This includes the facilitation of document collection, evidence gathering and delivery to external and internal auditors.
• Performs other duties as required.
Senior Data Privacy and IT Compliance Specialist (REMOTE)
• Associate’s degree.
• 5 years of related experience.
• Equivalent additional directly related experience will be considered in lieu of a degree.
Domestic and/or international travel may be required. The frequency of travel is contingent on specific duties, responsibilities, and the essential functions of the position, which may vary depending on workload and project demands.
•\tKnowledge of GDPR, CCPA, CMMC, NIST 800-171, FedRamp, FISMA.
We attract the best people in the industry, supporting their efforts to learn and grow. We strive to create a challenging and progressive work environment. We provide career opportunities that span a variety of disciplines and geographic locations, with projects that our employees plan, design, build and operate-as diverse as the needs of our clients. CDM Smith is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.
Why CDM Smith?:
Check out this video and find out why our team loves to work here! (https://www.cdmsmith.com/en/Video/Meet-CDM-Smith)
Join Us! CDM Smith – where amazing career journeys unfold.
Imagine a place committed to offering an unmatched employee experience. Where you work on projects that are meaningful to you. Where you play an active part in shaping your career journey. Where your co-workers are invested in you and your success. Where you are encouraged and supported to do your very best and given the tools and resources to do so. Where it’s a priority that the company takes good care of you and your family.
Our employees are the heart of our company. As an employer of choice, our goal is to provide a challenging, progressive and inclusive work environment which fosters personal leadership, career growth and development for every employee. We value passionate individuals who challenge the norm, deliver world-class solutions and bring diverse perspectives. Join our team, and together we will make a difference and change the world.
Job Site Location:
United States – Nationwide
All vendors must have a signed CDM Smith Placement Agreement from the CDM Smith Recruitment Center Manager to receive payment for your placement. Verbal or written commitments from any other member of the CDM Smith staff will not be considered binding terms. All unsolicited resumes sent to CDM Smith and any resume submitted to any employee outside of CDM Smith Recruiting Center Team (RCT) will be considered property of CDM Smith. CDM Smith will not be held liable to pay a placement fee.
Amount of Travel Required:
Visa Sponsorship Available:
No – We will not support sponsorship, i.e. H-1B or TN Visas for this position
Skills and Abilities:
• Demonstrates a thorough understanding of IT security standards and procedures.
• Possesses good knowledge of IT industry trends and emerging technologies with the ability to relate them to the firm and its objectives.
• Excellent written and oral communication skills.
• Good interpersonal and presentation skills for interacting with team members and clients.
• Good attention to detail.
• Proficient knowledge of privacy related laws and regulation (i.e., General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR), California Consumer Privacy Act (CCPA), etc.
• Demonstrates strong teamwork and collaboration skills and an ability to work well in fast paced environments requiring daily shifting of priorities.