at Mediacom Communications Corporation in Dagsboro, Delaware, United States
Mediacom is proud to have received the following recognition: "2022 & 2021 Best Managed Companies," "2019 Best Company for Women to Work," "2017 Best Company for People of Color and Women to Work," and "Content & Connectivity Human Resources (C2HR)'s 2021 Social Impact Award"
You'll find all sorts of advantages to joining the Mediacom family. If you enjoy technology and serving your community, you'll love Mediacom. Along with that rewarding feeling, you'll be given the Power to Succeed in your career while enjoying ongoing training and a generous benefits package designed to be flexible and relevant to your needs.
As a Broadband Specialist I (Field Technician), you will be primarily focused on new installations of our cable television and broadband services. You'll drive a company van, go into customer homes, and represent Mediacom every day to our customers. You'll also learn and perform a variety of duties including installation, changes of service, additional outlet installation, disconnection of service, payment collection, and any special requests customers may have regarding installation.
- Makes customer drop installations (exterior and interior) complete from tap to antenna terminals on customer equipment in both single and multiple unit dwellings, including pre-wired units.
- Performs new connects, reconnects, requested and non-pay disconnects; adds outlets; installs and/or removes converters; performs upgrades and downgrades of service.
- Analyzes picture quality and judges acceptability of picture delivered following installation of cable service.
- Works with connectors, fasteners and wire and uses hand tools.
- Uses customary CATV hand and power tools in performance of job duties.
- Completes appropriate paperwork functions as prescribed by system management.
- Reads signal levels through use of field strength meter; adds and subtracts levels in installation problems; installs connectors on different types of drop cable; maintains proper clearances; installs tap-off devices.
- Climb poles with proper equipment (safety belt, safety strap and climbers), ladders or other structures as needed. Lifts and carries loads up to 75lbs (including line ladder); Works within limited confines, such as crawl spaces.
- Properly uses, stores and maintains a VOM or DMM to check for "open" or "short" on line as well as AC and DC voltages.
- Reads general drop system layouts from blueprints.
- Inform customers of FCC Rules and Company policies as they pertain to customers.
- Drives Company vehicles in performance of job duties; uses bucket truck. Proper vehicle upkeep and maintenance.
- Generate additional company revenue through effective sales techniques and by offering information about product options, sales campaigns and promotions.
- Performs other duties such as clean-up and salvage of wrecked out materials; provides general assistance to other employees as directed.