at Amazon.com Services Inc. in Middletown, Delaware, United States
Amazon Web Services (AWS) is proud to be the pioneer and widely recognized leader in Cloud Computing. Our web services provide IT infrastructure in-the-cloud that is used by hundreds of thousands of developers and businesses around the world, ranging from start-ups to leading web companies to Global 500 companies in industries such as financial services, pharmaceuticals, and manufacturing.
As a Mainframe Specialist Solutions Architect at AWS, you'll build technical relationships with customers of all sizes and develop solutions to accelerate their cloud migration journey. You will operate as their trusted advisor, ensuring they get the most out of the cloud at every stage of their journey. You will engage with senior customer leaders and technical stakeholders to help them achieve increased agility and significant business value by advising and defining their migration approach to the cloud.
You'll manage the overall technical relationship between AWS and our customers, making recommendations on security, cost, performance, reliability, optimization, and operational efficiency to accelerate their large scale Migration projects.
Internally, you will be the voice of the customer, sharing their needs and wants to inform the roadmap of AWS features. Externally,the Mainframe Migration Specialist Solutions Architect works with large enterprises, helping them effectively lead their migration readiness assessment and migration and modernisation strategy.
Key job responsibilities
In this role, your creativity will link technology to tangible solutions, with the opportunity to define cloud-native reference architectures for a variety of use cases.
You will participate in the creation and sharing of best practices, technical content, and new reference architectures (e.g. white papers, code samples, blog posts) and evangelize and educate about AWS technology (e.g. through workshops, user groups, meetups, public speaking, online videos or conferences).
This role is within the Worldwide Specialist Organization (WWSO), and you would be working with Business Development, Professional Services, and our Partner teams to ensure successful management of customer progression.
3+ years of design, implementation, or consulting experience in applications or infrastructures
8+ years within specific technology domain areas (e.g. software development, cloud computing, systems engineering, infrastructure, security, networking, data & analytics)
* Extensive experience with mainframe, non-x86 legacy systems and with technologies such as COBOL, JCL, CICS, DB2 for z/OS, Assembler, PL/I, Java, Rexx, flat/sequential files, GDGs, and VSAM.
* Experience migrating workloads from mainframe and non-x86 legacy systems to distributed x86 infrastructures on-premises or in the Cloud.
* Background in any of the following: Cloud Architecture, Systems Design, Software Development, Infrastructure Architecture, Data Engineering, or DevOps construction of large scale Migration solutions.
* Technical Degree (Computer Science, Math, Engineering or equivalent) and/or relevant tech experience.
* Knowledge and experience with AS400, CL, RPG and Legacy Unix platforms such as AIX, HP-UX or Solaris
* Experience working with major system integrators
* Experience working in a customer-facing role or a role which involved public speaking
* AWS certification (e.g. AWS Solutions Architect Associate or Professional) or other industry certification
* Understanding large IT budgets, complex vendor relationships, and working with diverse teams to justify cloud migrations.
* Depth in various migration techniques such as rehost, refactor, re-architect, replatform, repurchase, etc.
* Experience working on pre-sales initiatives such as RFP, RFI's etc
* A passion for technology and for learning
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.