at Baltimore Aircoil Company in Milford, Delaware, United States
An hourly position with primary responsibilities to assist with the installation, troubleshooting, and servicing of BAC products/equipment. As an experienced mechanic, the Mechanic II has a high level of proficiency and is competent to work independently in the majority of functions. These includes identifying, analyzing, and repairing product failures, claims and replacing parts as needed. The technician has knowledge of commonly-used concepts, practices, and procedures within BAC and relies on instructions and pre-established guidelines to perform the functions of the job. The Mechanic II models BACs values of Earning Trust, Embracing Responsibility, Showing Courage, and Driving Innovation to co-workers. The purpose for every position at BAC regardless of department or level can be summed up as doing the right thing in the right way.
- Owns personal and team safety. Observes all safety rules and uses the proper safety equipment at all times.
- Demonstrate high level of customer and quality focus in appearance and interactions
- Independently perform (but not limited to) the following:
- Pass skills assessment testing
- Minor leak repairs
- Check and set pitch, check tracking and tip clearance on props with proper documentation.
- Simple repair and or replacement of BAC authorized parts/assemblies, i.e., sheaves, mechanical make-up valves, electric water level controllers, install double eliminators ets.
- Basic troubleshooting of belt drive systems
- Working under the direction of a Field Service Technician, help install, troubleshoot, and service BAC products/equipment:
- Assist in the repair of product failures, claims and replace parts as needed.
- Assist in performing trail run of machinery to ensure performance rates and quality meet established specifications.
- Accurate and timely completion of paperwork, trip reports, etc.
- Communicate with customers regarding status of repairs
- Have and maintain a valid Drivers License, be able to show proof of insurance
- Ensure individual activities embrace sustainability,reduce the impact on the environment, minimize waste, maximize recycling, minimize energy and water usage.
- Support a culture of innovation through original thinking to improve processes, methods, systems or services; translates new ideas into business opportunities
NATURE & SCOPE
This positions reports to the Field Service Team Lead or senior technician as assigned. Additionally, the technician will have a home department within the plant that they will be typically assigned to when not on a field service assignment.
KNOWLEDGE & SKILLS
- Demonstrated competent writing skills including the ability to document a process in a logical and coherent manner. Ability to communicate to supervisors and co-workers with written memos or email that are professional, concise and clearly understood.
- Demonstrated oral communication skills including the ability to communicate professionally with BAC customer and co-workers. The ability to share information verbally that is clearly understood and technically accurate
- Competent in math including addition, subtraction, multiplication, division, fractional computations, and fraction to decimal conversions.
- Minimum of 1 years of experience as a Mechanic in Assembly Dept., or related area.
- Good product knowledge and understand the assembly process.
- General knowledge in the...
Equal Opportunity Employer - minorities/females/veterans/individuals with disabilities/sexual orientation/gender identity