at DART Container in Federalsburg, Maryland, United States
Set-up and operate high-speed process equipment. Operate multiple machines, and ensure the equipment is working efficiently and producing quality products.
- Follow and commit to meet Key Performance Indicators (KPI’s) for safety, quality, production, efficiency, and service requirements
- Follow practices and processes intended to provide safe products that comply with appropriate laws and regulations, meet the company quality standards
- Follow and commit to safety and GMP (Good Manufacturing Practices)
- Set up, start, adjust, test, calibrate, operate, diagnose, troubleshoot and properly shut down process equipment in accordance with published production schedules and product specifications.
- Set up and operate computer-controlled machines or robots to control one or more machine functions
- Operate and monitor process machinery from raw materials through downstream finished goods, ensuring quality and consistency
- Adjust equipment as needed to maximize up time, rates and yields
- Monitor equipment for mechanical problems by listening for unusual noises and visually checking gears, hoses, gauges, materials, etc.
- Troubleshoot and fix equipment and/or material problems
- Diagnose and change out defective parts
- Use advanced measuring equipment such as micrometers, scales, scanners
- Implement programs to standardize and minimize production changeovers and machine downtime
- Perform general preventative maintenance on equipment (i.e. fill lube lines, lube chain rails, grease guns, etc.)
- Maintain production logs and reports as required
- Promptly notify the Maintenance Department of any maintenance required
- Notify supervisor of significant deviations from normal operating conditions
- Perfom back-up Inspector Packer responsibilities during break and lunch periods
- Train other Machine Operators as required
- Perform production process in SAP as required