at Kelly Services in Newark, Delaware, United States
Kelly has been providing outstanding employment opportunities to the most talented individuals in the marketplace. We are proud to offer a temporary position with a new client that is seeking a Senior Lab Technician in Newark, DE in Newark, DE . If interested/available, please reach out to Bryan Heffley directly at email@example.com.
Pay Rate: Based on experience
Shift: 700am – 330pm (Flexible start time)
Duration: 12 months
Location: Newark, DE
The candidate will be a member of the General Toxicology group in an AAALAC-accredited, GLP-compliant facility and responsible for conducting studies from protocol review to in-life data collection from rodents, addressing QA audit findings, and running reports within the guidelines/protocols/Standard Operating Procedure (SOP)s.
The duties include, but are not limited to the following:
• Humane care to laboratory rodents; careful handling/restraint of animals
• Test substance administration by various routes (e.g. diet, gavage, intraperitoneal, subcutaneous, etc.)
• Body Weight, Food Consumption, holding for eye exams, other measurements and collection of biological samples as needed
• Blood (tail vein) and urine collection, clinical observations, and other in-life study functions
• Data collection manually and electronically (experience with Provantis Integrated Preclinical Software a plus)
• Collecting, recording, documenting and reporting results with a high degree of accuracy and precision in a timely manner
• Maintaining study data and related information in study files
• Communicating effectively with Study Directors, peers, supervisors, and attending veterinarian
• Understanding and following all relevant protocols, SOPs, GLPs, and safety guidelines
• Learning and refining new laboratory skills and techniques
• Assisting other technicians and completing other tasks as assigned
• B.S. degree in animal science, biology or related science field with 2 years of relevant experience or an equivalent combination of education and work experience
• Proficient in Microsoft Word and Excel and ability to learn other software/validated systems
• Good communication (written and verbal) and interpersonal skills, an attention to detail, and commitment to quality
• Ability to work safely under specific time constraints, prioritize workload, use time productively, and work well independently or in a team setting
You should know: Your safety matters! Vaccination against COVID-19 may be a requirement for this job in compliance with current client and governmental policies. A Kelly recruiter will confirm and share more details with you during the interview process.
Why Kelly ® ?
Kelly® Science & Clinical is your connection to premier scientific and clinical companies looking to hire talented people just like you. Every day, we match science professionals with dream jobs that fit their skills and interests-it’s the way we think job searching should be. Nearly 100 percent of our science recruiters have a professional background/education in science, so we know a thing or two about the science market and how to get you noticed.
About Kelly ®
At Kelly, we’re always thinking about what’s next and advising job seekers on new ways of working to reach their full potential. In fact, we’re a leading advocate for temporary/nontraditional workstyles, because we believe they allow flexibility and tremendous growth opportunities that enable a better way to work and live (plus, did we mention we provide a ton of benefits ?). Connecting great people with great companies is what we do best, and our employment opportunities span a wide variety of workstyles, skill levels, and industries around the world.
Kelly is an equal opportunity employer committed to employing a diverse workforce, including, but not limited to, minorities, females, individuals with disabilities, protected veterans, sexual orientation, gender identity. Equal Employment Opportunity is The Law. (https://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/ofccpost.htm)