at Hostway in Newark, Delaware, United States
With over two decades of successfully operating, managing, and securing private, public, and hybrid cloud environments, Ntirety has led enterprises across industries through the volatile early days of data hosting into the world of 24×7 managed security with our premier Compliant Security solutions. Through cost effective and scalable solutions tailored to business-specific needs, Ntirety eliminates gaps in both security posture and compliance documentation by delivering solutions that cover the entire application, the entire compliance and security process, the entire time.
When it comes to a cybersecurity crisis, the question is not if, but when it will happen – that’s why Ntirety’s mission to provide proactive compliant security is crucial in today’s business landscape. No matter what role or department you work in, being a part of Ntirety means supporting all of our different teams to help keep our clients protected and updated on the latest in cybersecurity.
Join the team at the forefront of this mission-critical industry.
For more information about Ntirety, please visit www.ntirety.com.
The PostgreSQL Database Administrator is responsible for being part of a team of Database Administrators remotely supporting multiple database installations on our client’s systems all over the world.
ESSENTIAL JOB DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
· Work with clients on database projects and daily management
· Proactively ensure optimal availability and performance of the database systems.
· Troubleshoot and solve PostgreSQL issues while working concurrently with multiple priorities.
· Develop improvement and maintenance plans for databases to include installations/upgrades/migrations.
· Develops and implements procedures for maintenance and alert responses
· Resolves database performance issues, capacity needs, and security concerns
· Trouble-shoot replication and HA/DR issues
· Produce scripts for maintenance and database housekeeping needs
· Must deliver an exceptional customer experience every day.
DESIRED MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS:
· Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Engineering, Business, or equivalent work experience.
· PostgreSQL Associate Certification or willing to obtain
· Working towards PostgreSQL Professional Certification within an agreed upon timeframe with manager
· Willing to obtain other certifications within an agreed upon timeframe with manager.
· Minimum of 2 to 5 years of related experience.
· Process-oriented engineer with strong execution and follow through skills.
· Experience supporting current version releases of PostgreSQL in a production environment
· Strong written and oral communication skills.
· Team player with ability to multitask with minimal supervision and high reliability.
· Excellent analytical and problem solving skills.
· Experience with database backup and recovery
· Experience with the standalone PostgreSQL installation and performing upgrades and migrations.
· Experience with PostgreSQL clusters
· Passion for learning and applying evolving technologies
· Strong customer focus; ability to focus on the client’s requirements and exceed expectations
· Proficient with Windows and Linux OS commands as they relate to Database needs
· Knowledge of Networks and Storage as they relate to Database needs
Ntirety is an Equal Employment Opportunity / Affirmative Action Employer (EEO/AA).
Ntirety offers a competitive salary and benefits including Paid Time Off, FREE Medical to Employees, Dental, retirement plan with 401(k) match, and much more. If you are interested in joining a profitable, growing, and dynamic company, we want to hear from you! Ntirety is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, or any other classification protected by Federal, State or local law.
Ntirety thanks all candidates for their interest; however, only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.To view full details and how to apply, please login or create a Job Seeker account