at Amazon.com Services Inc. in Middletown, Delaware, United States
Maintenance Technician III
About Maintenance at Amazon
Operations is at the heart of Amazon's business. We are known for our speed, accuracy, and service. Our buildings deliver tens of thousands of products to hundreds of countries worldwide, every day. Reliability Maintenance & Engineering (RME) are the business partners that work tirelessly behind the scenes to make it all happen. We propel continuous improvement and maintain all of the Material Handling Equipment (MHE) to ensure our customers are met with the Amazon smile. Come join us on our journey!
About the Role
As a Maintenance Technician III, you will manage service technicians for the installation and repair of automated packaging and distribution equipment. You will support the Operations Maintenance team by designing solutions for difficult problems and coordinating projects. You will support training and mentoring service technicians and contract technicians.
What We Offer?
Amazon offers compensation packages including comprehensive healthcare benefits starting on Day 1, matching 401(k) program and up to 20 weeks paid parental leave. Come as you are because jeans, t-shirts, sneakers and a safety vest will be your daily outfit.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to
* Promote a safe working environment by following safety procedures
* Maintain a positive working relationships across all of the Amazon Operations facility
* Maintain and troubleshoot building conveyor systems
* Handle and audit preventative maintenance procedures
* Install, maintain and troubleshoot monitoring equipment
* Handle work orders with detailed supporting data
* Develop training plans for technicians
* Develop work plans for emergency repair of critical assets
* Ability to move up to 49 lbs
* Ability to stand and walk during shifts lasting up to 12 hours, with or without reasonable accommodation
1+ year of experience working with computers and Microsoft Office (Outlook, Word, Excel)
Work a flexible schedule/shift/work area, including weekends, nights, and/or holidays
High school or equivalent diploma
Please review the basic qualifications listed above to evaluate the criteria needed for success in this role.
For more details about the Reliability Maintenance Engineering Team please visit amazon.jobs/RME
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.