at Chemours in Newark, Delaware, United States
The Chemours Titanium Technologies Elemental Analysis Group has an Associate Chemist position available in the field of Analytical Chemistry. This is a critical and highly visible role, with a potential to directly impact a wide range of product R&D, manufacturing, and sustainability efforts across Chemours.
The successful candidate will be responsible for sample preparation for ICP-MS, ICP-OES and XRF analyses, as well as routine operation of ICP-OES instrumentation (full training will be provided). They will also work closely with experts to identify and meet analytical needs across Chemours and develop and validate new analytical methods for analytically challenging organic and inorganic matrices.
The responsibilities of the position include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Carry out solution-based sample preparation for ICP analysis including ashing, digestion, extraction, separation, filtration, and analytical sample dilutions.
- Carry out solid sample preparation for XRF analysis, including grinding, pressed pellets and fused beads.
- Carry out analyses with minimal supervision in a safe, timely, efficient, and effective manner.
- Perform elemental analyses on organic and inorganic matrices using ICP-OES instruments.
- Develop, validate and document new analytical methods for a diverse range of compositionally complex commercial materials
- Ensure that analytical results are accurate, properly documented, and effectively communicated.
- Take part in training and further development opportunities to meet changing needs of the company.
In order to be qualified for this role, you /must possess/ the following:
- BS or MS in Chemistry (or related field) [equivalent experience will be considered]
- Minimum of 2 years of experience in an analytical laboratory environment
- Demonstrable experience in carrying out analytical measurements, record keeping, and report writing
- Strong awareness of chemical hazards and safe laboratory operation
- Experience of developing and validating new analytical methods
- Strong spoken and written communication skills
- A willingness to handle highly hazardous materials such as, but not limited to, strong acids (concentrated HF, HCl, HNO3, H2SO4), bases, and solvents
The following skill sets are /preferred/ by the business unit:
- Direct experience with one or more of the following analytical techniques: ICP-OES, ICP-MS, WD-XRF, AAS, HPLC
- Experience in sample preparation techniques for trace metals analysis in complex and poorly defined organic and inorganic matrices
- Experience with microwave digestions
- Experience in a commercial or research analytical laboratory
- Competitive Compensation
- Comprehensive Benefits Packages
- 401(k) Match
- Employee Stock Purchase Program
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Commuter Benefits
- Learning and Development Opportunities
- Strong Inclusion and Diversity Initiatives
- Company-paid Volunteer Days
WE’RE CHEMOURS. A DIFFERENT KIND OF CHEMISTRY COMPANY.
We are driven by our purpose to create a more colorful, capable, and cleaner world through the power of chemistry.
Built upon a 200-year-old legacy and a world-class product portfolio, we bring everyday convenience to virtually everything people touch-in industries ranging from automotive, paints, and plastics to electronics, construction, energy, and telecommunications. We bring solutions that are better, safer, more reliable, and more sustainable, through the power of chemistry.
We see our people as our biggest assets. Instead of focusing just on what our employees do each day, we look at how they do it. By taking a different approach to talent development, employee engagement, and culture, our goal is to empower employees to be their best selves-at Chemours and in life.
The “ours” in Chemours represents everyone who works here. We’re thousands strong and always looking for the best and brightest to join our team.
Five fundamental, foundational values form the substructure of our culture as a multinational
corporation. They are core beliefs that guide and frame both our behaviors and our aspirations.
Our values are in part what differentiate us from others, making us uniquely Chemours.
They are-Customer Centered, Refreshing Simplicity, Collective Entrepreneurship,
Safety Obsession, and Unshakable Integrity. At Chemours, our values are where everything begins.
We were honored to be named a /“Great Place to Work-Certified Company”/ for 2019-2020-our second consecutive year. We were also proud to receive a Gold Medallion Award from the U.S. Department of Labor’s HIRE VETS program in 2019.
/Chemours is an equal opportunity employer/
/Chemours is an E-Verify employer/
/Candidates must be able to perform all duties listed with or without accommodation/
/Immigration sponsorship (i.e., H1-B visa, F-1 visa (OPT), TN visa or any other non-immigrant status) is not currently available for this position/