at CTG in Wilmington, Delaware, United States
Security Engineering Queuemon
Jun 28, 2022Post Date
Apply for JobShare this JobSign Up for Job Alerts
CTG is seeking to fill aSecurity Engineering Queuemonopening. This is a 6-month contract; 100% Remote.
- Provides direct operational support of the business and Information Services (IS) staff for security-related matters.
- Develops and implements enterprise information security strategies, technical architectures and solutions.
- Develops, maintains and mitigates list of threats collected from various security tools.
- Recommends continual improvement of security management tools, controls, policies, procedures and operations.
- Plans, designs, develops, implements and enforces audit of the security policies and procedures that safeguard the integrity of, and access to, enterprise systems, files and data elements.
- Researches and advocates new technologies, architectures and security products to support security requirements for the enterprise and its customers, business partners and vendors.
- Represents the security needs of the organization by providing expertise and consulting assistance for all IS projects and managed systems.
- Demonstrates security expertise and consults in product selection, procedure development, application development, database design, network and/or platform (operating system) efforts.
- Coordinates and delivers security assessments and reviews of internally and externally-hosted application and infrastructure systems, to ensure security compliance.
- Develops and maintains security awareness programs, and educates IS and business staff regarding security policies and procedures.
- Consults with other technical staff to ensure that the adequate security solutions are in place throughout all IS systems and platforms to mitigate any identified risks sufficiently to meet business objectives and regulatory requirements.
- Develops and maintains security risk analysis scenarios and response procedures, based upon emerging security threats.
- Contributes to management/executive level risk assessment reporting and security briefings to advise of critical issues that may affect customer, or corporate security objectives.
- Staff members in this position are effective and self-sufficient in working within a diverse technology portfolio, and regularly provide guidance and training to less experienced Security Engineers.
- Researches, advocates, develops and implements enterprise systems security strategies, technical architectures, products and solutions, in support of the organization, its customers, business partners and vendors.
- Develops, maintains and mitigates the list of threats collected from various security tools. Produces independent research of current security attack trends and techniques. Maintains knowledge of changing technologies, industry regulations and best practices, and provides recommendations for adaptation of new technologies or policies. Equipped with this research and knowledge, recognizes and identifies potential areas where new data security policies and procedures are required and\or existing guidelines need change.
- Coordinates security reviews and\or assessments of internally or externally-hosted applications and infrastructure systems, to ensure security compliance. Plans, designs, develops, implements and enforces audits used to determine if the current security policies and procedures are appropriate for the protection of enterprise systems, files and data elements, including system security profiles, security incidents\ violations and exceptions.
- Develops and maintains security risk analysis scenarios and response procedures, based upon emerging security threats. This includes communicating to business partners and IS staff any potential security vulnerabilities, the business impact of these risks and recommended solutions.
- Provides security expertise to the organization, consulting for all IS projects and managed systems, by helping project, development and operational support teams comply with enterprise and IS security policies, industry regulations and best practices in product selection, procedure development, application development, database design, network and\or platform (operating system) efforts. Recommends and supports the continual evolution of enterprise security management tools, controls, operations, policies and procedures. Also provides direct operational support of Spectrum Health staff for security-related issues or concerns.
- Collaborates with Architects, Security Analysts and others within IS to ensure that the appropriate measures are in place for all systems and platforms to mitigate risks sufficiently to meet the business objectives and regulatory requirements.
- Contributes to risk assessments and briefings for senior leadership, alerting them of any critical security-related issues that could potentially affect customer and\or corporate security objectives.
- Develops and delivers security awareness programs, and acts as educator of organizational staff for security policies and procedures. Provides mentorship to less senior team members, and is accountable as a role model for customer service excellence.
- Exceptional customer service, methodical troubleshooting, agile and adaptive problem solving, eagerness to research and learn new technology, excellent communication skills (written and interpersonal), compassion to serve diverse audience
- Solid understanding of current malware techniques (including viruses, worms, bots, spyware, root kits), as well and the detection, containment and remediation of malware threats
- Solid understanding of TCP/IP networking and common network applications and protocols, including HTTP, SMTP and DNS
- Expertise in two or more of the following: UNIX server administration, Windows server administration, network administration, firewalls, intrusion detection systems, security information management systems, vulnerability assessment systems, penetration testing, malware analysis
- Current knowledge of security breach escalation procedures and security auditing and enforcement practices, as well as knowledge of changing technologies, industry regulations and best practices and provides recommendations for adaptation of new technologies or policies
- Required Bachelors Degree or equivalent
- Preferred Masters Degree or equivalent
- 5 years of relevant experience in the field Required
- 7 years of relevant experience in the field Preferred
- Full-time experience and demonstrated maturity in security engineering, including experience with network intrusion detection systems, packet capture techniques and analysis of raw packet captures Required
- Extensive experience with and demonstrated or knowledge of network topology/ infrastructure, client/server, databases, Web security proxies, next gen firewalls (L3-L7), intrusion prevention/detection system, multiple operating systems (Windows, *nix, mainframe, IOS/mobile, embedded), web operations, SSO, encryption, authentication, vulnerability scanning, virus/malware management, data loss/leakage prevention, logging/security information management Required
- Operational level support and understanding of public and private cloud services, web application security vulnerabilities, security assessment methodologies, tools, such as web proxies, web application firewalls, and web application scanners Required
- Experience with security information management systems and common system log formats, including syslog and Event Log, as well as vulnerability assessment systems to test enterprise networks and applications Preferred
- Experience with leading security incident response procedures Preferred
- Strong experience