at Department of Labor in Wilmington, Delaware, United States
EMPLOYMENT SERVICES SUPERVISOR
Opening Date6/25/2022 12:00:00 AM
Closing Date7/8/2022 11:59:00 PM
Type of RecruitmentOpen Competitive
SalaryYearly: $39,984.00/Min - $49,855.00/Mid
Shift Hours8:00 a.m. - 4:30 p.m.
Employment Type - Actual Vacancy
Employment Term - Regular
Agency - DOL/Employment and Training / Employment and Training Services
Location(s) - Fox Valley: (4425 N Market St, Wilmington, DE, 19802)
Contact Name - DHR-DOL Human Resources Office
Contact Phone - 302-761-8011
Essential functions are fundamental, core functions common to all positions in the class series and are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all job duties for any one position in the class. Since class specifications are descriptive and not restrictive, incumbents can complete job duties of similar kind not specifically listed here.
- Conducts individual and group intake sessions to orient job seekers and employers to the services available and instructs and coaches job seekers/employers on using resources/equipment available.
- Conducts individual or group assessments to determine level of service needs.
- Identifies job seeker's employment potential using assessment tools and labor market information.
- Assists job seekers to develop realistic and achievable employment goals; identifies obstacles/barriers to employment; jointly formulate employability development plans directed at employment outcomes.
- Refers clients to employers for possible job placement based upon comparison of applicant qualifications to employer job requirements.
- Refers clients to educational and other support service agencies to resolve obstacles to employment.
- Develops job placement opportunities.
- Works with eligible job seekers to obtain training from state approved training institutions or explores other avenues for pursuing training and employment goals.
- Monitors job seeker's progress towards completion of employability development plan and modifies as necessary.