at Estes Express Lines in Elkton, Maryland, United States
The Operations Manager reports directly to the management of a small to large size transportation terminal. Complexity of the job includes responsibility for up to 450 or more employees while overseeing a diverse range of LTL operations across multiple shifts within a fast-paced environment and within various weather conditions on the dock. This position is responsible to keep freight moving within safety and business guidelines while maintaining strong, positive relationships with customers. The successful candidate will have strong leadership skills and customer service focus so if you are looking for a rewarding and challenging career with opportunity for advancement, Estes is the place for you.
- Report to the Terminal Manager/Assistant Terminal Manager
- Lead, guide and direct employees to include setting targets, monitoring performance, providing coaching, counseling and development. Accountable for the management of an efficient, clean and safe LTL operation to include dock planning and set up schedules.
- Involved in hiring, training and terminations; assuring all paperwork is processed according to proper Company guidelines with appropriate levels of follow up with management on timely task completion.
- Administer and carry out assigned portions of the Terminal Business plan as set forth by the Terminal Manager.
- Manager all terminal operations in the absence of the Terminal Manager or Assistant Terminal Manager.
- Enforce understanding and compliance with all Company policies and procedures; safety rules and government regulations.
- Responsible for meeting all KPI’s assigned
- Ensure timely pickup and delivery of freight and verify freight for all billing
- Observe loading of trucks for proper handling and distribution of freight for transport
- Enforce all safety measures in regard to balance of freight for safe operation of trucks
- Oversee terminal operations to ensure customer satisfaction while minimizing costs
- Direct investigations into causes of customer complaints and recommend solutions to correct them
- Assist with the coordination of drivers and assign trucks and delivery routes for pickup and delivery of freight
- Record all pertinent information on transport of freight including time of departure, delivery, etc.
- Conduct safety interviews with the driver to include: post accident MVA Reports, workers compensation after accident interviews/reports, notice of violations interviews with drivers and road observation discussions with drivers
- Conduct safety training as needed following accidents, a workers compensation incident, road observations and notices of violations
- Regular attendance is required
- This is not an all-inclusive list of job requirements and/or duties and may not contain all capabilities necessary to perform the job at all times due to circumstances; Operational, safety and other needs may require the employee to perform any and all other duties as assigned; Employees are expected, and must be able to perform all such duties and tasks