at Estes Express Lines in Elkton, Maryland, United States
As a leading LTL freight carrier who has been in business since 1931, Estes takes great pride in offering drivers in-cab ergonomics and technology that focuses on driver comfort, in alignment with Electronic Logging Device (ELD) requirements. Estes drivers earn competitive pay and benefits such as company-provided uniforms, paid lodging, cell phone reimbursements and bonus eligibility. With an exceptional support team every mile of the way Regional OTR Drivers are over the road, moving freight between terminals within the Estes Terminal network. Most drivers enjoy scheduled runs and frequent home time. Candidates who are more flexible and willing to be away from home longer, can earn more for every mile. The successful candidate will have a class A CDL with all endorsements, stable work history, and 1 year of driving experience, If you're looking for a rewarding and challenging career with opportunity for advancement, Estes is the place for you.
- Will be required to operate all types of equipment to perform all safety functions, including, but not limited to, operating manual transmission, chaining tires, etc. and must be skilled and qualified to drive in all types of terrain, routes and environmental conditions.
- Responsible for safely operating a tractor/trailer in the transportation of freight in accordance with Company, Federal, State and Local laws with regard to run times and Federal Motor Carrier Safety Administration (FMCSA) regulations
- Must adhere to all FMCSA requirements of those holding a Commercial Driver’s License
- Maintain records required with compliance with local, state and federal regulations
- Comply with all requirements for safe and legal transportation of hazardous materials
- Insure security of equipment and cargo
- Conduct pre-trip and post-trip inspections to ensure safe working conditions of the tractor and trailer prior to each trip and at the end of each trip
- Check gauges and visual indicators for malfunctions, ensure seal or lock on trailers and conducts inspection of vehicle before and during trips to determine problems that may be occurring
- Promptly report all maintenance problems to Fleet Services and/or supervision
- Verify unit numbers versus paperwork given and report any discrepancies to your supervisor
- May be required to use in-cab technology, to include electronic logs and other items
- May be required to drive different schedules and work the dock based on business needs
- Provide professional and courteous service to our customers and the general public
- Regular attendance is required.
- This is not an all-inclusive list of job requirements and/or duties and may not contain all mental and physical capabilities necessary to perform the job at all times due to circumstances. Operational, safety and other needs may require the employee to perform any and all other duties as assigned. Employees are expected, and must be able to perform all such duties and tasks.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to lift and/or move a minimum of 70 lbs. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and the ability to adjust focus. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle or feel and reach with hands and arms. The employee is frequently required to lift, twist, turn, and may climb. The employee is frequently required to stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl and talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to sit and climb or balance.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently exposed to work near moving mechanical parts and fumes or airborne particles. The employee may be required to work in high/precarious places, with hazardous materials, and in various weather conditions. The noise level in the work environment ranges from quiet to loud as required by the essential functions of the job.
Equal Employment Opportunity
EOE, including disability/vets