at Computer Aid, Inc in Newark, Delaware, United States
Computer Aid, Inc
It is the policy of Computer Aid, Inc.(CAI) not to discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, marital status, genetic information, disability or because he or she is a protected veteran. It is also the policy of CAI to take affirmative action to employ and to advance in employment, all persons regardless of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, marital status, genetic information, disability or protected veteran status, and to base all employment decisions only on valid job requirements. This policy shall apply to all employment actions, including but not limited to recruitment, hiring, upgrading, promotion, transfer, demotion, layoff, recall, termination, rates of pay or other forms of compensation and selection for training, including apprenticeship, at all levels of employment. Employees and applicants of CAI will not be subject to harassment on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, marital status, genetic information, disability or because he or she is a protected veteran. Additionally, retaliation, including intimidation, threats, or coercion, because an employee or applicant has objected to discrimination, engaged or may engage in filing a complaint, assisted in a review, investigation, or hearing or have otherwise sought to obtain their legal rights under any Federal, State, or local EEO law is prohibited.
We are looking for a customer service-oriented Service Desk Analyst to provide Level 1 technical support to users in an efficient and accurate manner. A Service Desk Analyst is responsible for providing phone-based help desk support to our customers applying technical knowledge and customer service skills.The goal is to make sure that customer value is maintained to the standards set forth by the customer. This is a 2nd shift position.
Duties and Responsibilities
Provide General IT end-user support including:
- Resetting passwords.
- Interact via telephone, e-mail and one on one with customers to perform diagnostics and resolve technical problems.
- Provide first level contact and convey resolutions to customer issues utilizing a knowledge base.
- Properly escalate unresolved issues to the next level of support with strong supporting documentation.
- Keep peers and management informed of trends, significant problems, and unexpected delays.
- Utilize excellent customer service skills and exceed customers' expectations
- Ensure proper recording, documentation, and closure of all records.
- Recommended procedure modifications or improvements.
- Preserve and grow your knowledge of Service Desk procedures, products, and services.
Experience/Education - Required
- 6+ months experience in a Service Desk or technical support role
- 1+ years of customer service experience in a professional industry
- High school diploma, additional qualifications a plus
Technical Skills - Required
- Strong troubleshooting and documentation skills
- Active Directory Experience
- Desktop and Laptop hardware support experience
- Understanding of LAN/WAN technologies and protocols
- Must be available to work weekdays 2:00pm - 10:00pm EST
- Excellent customer service skills
- Strong attention to detail and strong communication skills (both written and oral)
- Excellent work ethic
- Problem-solving skills
- Solution driven
- Detail oriented
Work Environment & Physical Requirements
· Spends the majority of the day in a stationary position
· Controlled climate office environment which would include own desk/cubicle space.
· Operating a computer and communicating over the phone
Equal Employment Opportunity/M/F/disability/protected veteran status