at First State Orthopaedics in Newark, Delaware, United States
- Provide direct support to physicians, mid-level providers, clerical staff and patients.
- Work directly with patients to ensure smooth patient flow, patient satisfaction and coordination of multiple tasks.
- Answer incoming phone calls, schedule appointments and update patient information.
- Collect patient demographic information and nature of complaint/injury on new patients and enter data into system.
- Document incoming messages and task to appropriate party.
- Refer calls of a clinical nature to the appropriate medical secretary or provider.
- Collect workman’s compensation date and state of injury and forward call to the workman’s compensation department.
- Create encounters
- Back-up or delegate other call center staff duties as needed.
- Maintaining patient confidentiality.
- Organizational responsibilities: promoting patient rights; responding appropriately to emergency situations; sharing problems relating to patients or staff with immediate supervisor in a timely manner.
- Strong computer skills.
- Strong oral and written communication skills.
- Ability to work available shifts between 7am and 5:30pm Monday through Thursday (5pm Fridays).
- Ability to sit for extended periods of time, light stooping or lifting.
- Ability to multitask.