at First State Orthopaedics in Newark, Delaware, United States
Medical Assistants manage and perform administrative and clinical tasks for their assigned physician at the direction of the physician, clinical management and / or first assistant.
- Working knowledge of EHR and EMP systems..
- Document and update patient information in EHR system.
- Update patient medication list.
- Organize daily work schedules and respond to emergencies as necessary.
- Prepare patient for examination, instruct patient on procedure and assist physician during exam.
- Perform clinical tasks - remove casts/dressing, sutures/staples and prepare injections.
- Order radiology studies in EHR.
- Generate necessary forms for scheduling tests, surgery, physical therapy, work/gym excuses, scripts for medication and patient instructions.
- Fit patients with durable medical equipment and generate prescriptions as prescribed by physicians.
- Store durable medical equipment.
- Collect and prepare laboratory specimens, dispose of contaminated supplies, and sterilize medical instruments.
- Graduate of accredited medical assistant program outside of high school or ARRT registration preferred.
- Strong computer and interpersonal skills.
- Exhibit professionalism and ethical behavior at all times.
- Maintain strict confidentiality of patient information.
- Maintain OSHA and HIPAA regulations.
- Ability to sit, stand, walk, kneel, bend, reach, maneuver and position patients.