at First State Orthopaedics in Newark, Delaware, United States
- Coordinate surgical procedures for all orthopaedic surgeons.
- Respond to incoming calls, schedule, reschedule, confirm and cancel surgical procedures.
- Coordinate physicians and physician assistants' schedules with OR time and equipment availability; identify any conflicts and adjust schedule as needed.
- Functions as a liaison between surgeon, OR scheduler and patient.
- Act as primary contact for surgical patients and respond to telephone inquiries.
- Prepare surgical information packets for physicians consisting of pertinent medical records required for surgery.
- Work with other office staff to ensure all protocols are followed for surgical scheduling, including hospital protocols, verification of benefits, eligibility verification and clinical documentation.
- Collect and distribute history and physicals and consent forms to appropriate hospitals.
- Prepare and post master surgery schedule.
- Provide exceptional service to all patients.
- Strong oral and written communication skills.
- Solid computer skills with experience in Microsoft Office products.
- Ability to maintain strict patient confidentiality.
- Maintain OSHA and HIPAA regulations.
- Highly organized with the ability to multitask.
- Ability to sit, stand, walk, reach, bend for extended periods of time.