at Estes Express Lines in Elkton, Maryland, United States
- Safely handle and maneuver tractor/trailers and other large equipment to facilitate the loading and unloading operations in the yard
- Perform pre-shift and post-shift inspections of the yard and dock equipment
- Properly cube, load and unload freight using a forklift, pallet jack, hand truck or by hand
- Properly load freight to prevent damage and shifting in transit by blocking and bracing and thru the use of load bars, straps, dunnage and air bags.
- Accurately set up, break down and hook trailers safely
- Ensure all pup trailers have tilt bar to be lowered prior to loading of freight
- Raise and lower landing gear
- Monitor yard for unsafe drivers and non-employees; notify management
- Work in outdoor weather conditions
- Perform all duties of dockworker as requested
- Communicate effectively with Dock supervision, Line Haul drivers and Fleet Services personnel
- Regular attendance is required.
- This is not an all-inclusive list of job requirements and/or duties and may not contain all mental and physical capabilities necessary to perform the job at all times due to circumstances. Operational, safety and other needs may require the employee to perform any and all other duties as assigned. Employees are expected, and must be able to perform all such duties and tasks.