at Alsco in New Castle, Delaware, United States
We are Alsco Uniforms. Weve been working hard for our customers since 1889 when we invented the uniform and linen rental industry. Alsco Uniforms has grown into a worldwide leader serving over 350,000 customers in 13 countries. Its our job every day to make every aspect of the customer experience better. Whatever our customers need, Alsco Uniforms finds the answers that work for them.
Our employees are the heart and soul of Alsco Uniforms. As a result, we have a long history of strong financial performance, continuous improvement, and customer service. Were seeking driven professionals with ambition to grow within our company. Wed love to talk to you about how you can fit into our team of diverse individuals and how your hard work will be rewarded with competitive pay and benefits and ongoing career development.
Join our team and build your career with Alsco Uniforms!
The Custodian is responsible for general maintenance and cleanliness of equipment, facilities and grounds. This position is also referred to as Janitor. Performs other tasks as required.
Our full-time employees enjoy:
401K Plan with Company Match
Medical, Dental, Vision, FSA/HSA
Life Insurance, Disability Insurance
Vacation, Sick Time, Holidays
Choice of Global Cash Card or Direct Deposit
Learning & Development Opportunities
Inclusive and Diverse Team Environment
- Performs heavy cleaning duties such as clean plant equipment using compressed air and other methods.
- Scrub, sanitize, vacuum, sweep and mop.
- Dispose of trash, clean up spills, replace air fresheners, change out light bulbs, lock doors, paint, maintain water coolers, prepare facilities for events such as meetings or banquets.
- Clean offices, bathrooms, break rooms and other areas.
- Move furniture, supplies, textiles or equipment within departments or into storage and assist other departments with other tasks.
- Apply insecticides and fumigants, trim shrubbery and perform other outside maintenance, clear walkways of snow or leaves.
- Participate in Safety programs such as committees or emergency contingency, use Personal Protective Equipment as needed, notify supervision of repair needs, spills, safety concerns or hazardous situations.
- Keep records of maintenance, monitor cleaning supplies, restock supplies in bathrooms, break rooms and other areas.
- Operate a powered industrial truck to move, transfer, load and unload.
- Continuously meet efficiency and safety standards for the position.
- Follow instructions as directed by supervision.
- Keep work area neat and clean.
- Perform other tasks as required.
- Work in other production positions as needed.
- Recognize colors and sizes, count and sort accurately.
- In some locations, be able and certified to safely operate a powered industrial truck.
- Basic knowledge of cleaning products and procedures or willing to learn.
- Ability to prioritize multiple tasks and work effectively with a team.
- Work independently, comprehend and follow written or verbal direction.
- No requirement.
Typical Physical Activity:
- Physical Demands consist of standing, walking, bending, reaching, twisting, working in cramped areas, reaching overhead, pushing, pulling, grasping, lifting up to 90 lbs., carrying up to 50 lbs., and stooping.
Typical Environmental Conditions:
- Inside and outside areas of a typical industrial laundry facility, which includes working with and...
Equal Opportunity Employer - minorities/females/veterans/individuals with disabilities/sexual orientation/gender identity