at WSFS Bank
WSFS Bank is currently seeking a Business Systems Analyst in our Wealth Division. The Business Systems Analyst will work with key stakeholders in the WSFS Wealth Division to create a culture of continuous process improvement and serve as a subject matter expert for wealth systems. The incumbent will recommend solutions to improve and streamline business processes and integrated/automated systems. The incumbent will liaison business end-users and technology teams to gather, document, and validate business requirements; translate into functional requirements; and perform gap analysis and optimal solution design. The Business Systems Analyst will work with cross-functional teams and Wealth Division business lines to develop and implement data collection systems that drive metric/performance indicator reporting and quality control and discuss patterns, root causes, and recommended actions. The incumbent will lead projects with internal customers, support functional testing activities, and provide end-user application support. The Business Systems Analyst will assist in end-user training and development of associated documentation, develop and execute test plans/scripts and manage the system and user acceptance testing. Additional responsibilities include:
- Partners with Wealth business lines and technology representatives to elicit, analyze, translate, and document business requirements into technical requirements.
- Analyzes, documents and tests program development, logic, process flows and specifications
- Partners with business partners to conduct user acceptance testing
- Documents user manuals to describe application installation, operating procedures, and support turn over requirements.
- Provide ongoing application support for internal business systems including, database administration, application problem resolution, report development, and application development
- Acts as a liaison between the Wealth division and any existing or potential system vendor(s) or service provider(s).
This position is a full-time, 40-hr work week M-F 8:00 AM - 5:00 PM and is located in North Wilmington at the Carr Road office.
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, MIS or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Must have 3+ years of experience as a business systems analyst, application developer and/or other similar relevant skills, education and experience.
- Prior trust, investment management or wealth management industry experience is preferred.
- Strong working knowledge of relevant Microsoft applications, including Visio
- Solid hands-on experience with SQL, Power BI and SharePoint
- Knowledge and or prior experience with Salesforce is preferred
- Proven capabilities in project and user-testing management using Agile methodology
- Must have proven ability to analyze and streamline processes and have the ability to translate business requirements into technical solutions.
- Must be able to demonstrate effective and professional written, verbal, and non-verbal communication. Incumbent must be organized, detail-oriented, and produce high quality project documentation.
- Must have the ability to build relationships at all levels of the organization and with outside vendors and contractors.
- Must have strong project management skills with the ability to organize and prioritize.
- Must have a strong understanding of networks, databases and other technology.
WSFS Bank is inclusive and supportive of individual needs. If you have a physical or other impairment that might require an accommodation, including technical assistance with the WSFS Bank Careers website or submission process, please contact us via email at careers@ wsfsbank.com.
How do you get to be nearly 200 years old in a world that's constantly changing? For us, the answer has always been the same: create a team of Associates who are passionate about serving the community, and success will follow. Our Mission and Values serve as essential reminders about who we are and how we do business. WSFS is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics.