at Rogers Corporation in Bear, Delaware, United States
The coating operator will function as part of a team to meet production goals. This position requires a detailed and task oriented individual who will communicate production issues and take direction from the department supervisor on a daily basis.
- Set up and monitor all manufacturing parameters relating to the safe, efficient production of laminate and coated stock products.
- Measuring and gauging thickness and gravity of material by using micrometers and various measuring/quality control instruments to maintain consistent product performance.
- Perform and record all in-process inspection/testing relating to maintaining product traceability and run documentation.
- Assure that a sufficient quantity of raw material base is available to meet daily production demands.
- Communicate with various departments such as quality, shipping, and value added relative to product quality issues and availability of material for further processing or shipping.
- Perform cycle counting to insure inventory accuracy.
- Perform nonconforming material process including DMR's and hold tags.
- Participate in the training of new employees.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Required Education and Experience:
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- 2 years previous coating experience
- Proficient computer skills
- Experience with inventory systems such as PeopleSoft, SAP and Oracle
- Basic math skills
- Attention to detail
- Ability to use measuring tools such as micrometers
- Good communications skills
- Ability to use lifting and moving devices
- Basic mechanical aptitude
- Technical School (2 year program)
- Minimum of 3 years coating experience
- Forklift certification
- Excellent mechanical aptitude
Equal Opportunity Employer - minorities/females/veterans/individuals with disabilities/sexual orientation/gender identity