at Apex Systems, Inc in NEW CASTLE, Delaware, United States
Apex is searching for a Chemical Lab Technician for a growing Research company in Delaware.
Summary: Responsible for assisting chemist in performing custom organic synthesis to make compounds by performing the following duties.
Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Set up reactions including charging starting materials
- Purify and isolate synthesized molecules independently
- Independently assembles reaction glassware for all reactions being run
- Clean glassware as required
- Assist in the maintenance of equipment.
- Maintain a clean and safe laboratory work area
- Maintains a chemistry synthesis notebook(s) and raw material list
- Provide oral updates to Supervisor/Manager as requested
- Performs other related duties as assigned
- Attend all relevant safety training
- Associate or Bachelor of Science degree in Chemistry or science related field.
Only local candidates will be considered.
Apex Systems is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate or allow discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or related medical conditions), age, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, genetic information, registered domestic partner status, marital status, disability, status as a crime victim, protected veteran status, political affiliation, union membership, or any other characteristic protected by law. Apex will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable law.
VEVRAA Federal Contractor We request Priority Protected Veteran & Disabled Referrals for all of our locations within the state. We are an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, or any other protected characteristic. The EEO is the Law poster is available here.