at Baltimore Aircoil Company in Milford, Delaware, United States
Baltimore Aircoil Company, a world leader in evaporative cooling has an opening for a Facilities and Grounds Leader at our Milford, DE plant. This is a supervisory position with the primary responsibilities of directing the activities of personnel to maintain and improve the manufacturing plant, offices, and campus of the Milford facility. This includes the delegation of daily work as well as managing short term, long term, and capital projects as assigned by the Engineering and Reliability Manager.
As a fully engaged leader, the Facility Leader takes ownership for the execution of the departments strategy and goals, and demonstrates BACs values of Earning Trust, Embracing Responsibility, Showing Courage, and Driving Innovation. Ensures all technicians are properly trained and performing according to BACs safety, production, and quality standards and guidelines. Sets both short and long term objectives for members of their team. Promotes open communication and ensure all necessary information is provided to employees in a timely manner. The purpose for every position at BAC regardless of department or level can be summed up as doing the right thing in the right way.
- Owns personal and team safety. Observes all safety rules and uses the proper safety equipment at all times.
- Organize vendors, people and resources to manage projects to stay on budget and on time
- Train and develop technicians to achieve technical and professional expertise
- Recognize and reward team accomplishments, celebrating team and organizational success.
- Ensure open and clear communication to department employees
- Establish short and long term objectives for their teams
- Ensure critical facility systems including fire suppression, security, HVAC, electrical, compressed air, water, and nitrogen gas are fully operational
- Ensure critical support equipment such as cranes, hoists, roll up doors, docks, and fume collection are fully operational
- Completion of yearly reviews for team and set annual and quarterly objectives.
- Assign training in areas of: safety, quality, equipment repair and maintenance.
- Completion of detailed accident investigation reports for all accidents.
- Drive LEAN principles and implement tools for measuring continuous improvement
- Meet or exceed production goals for shift.
- Conducts and / or oversees both planned and unplanned inspections and audits to ensure safe, efficient, and compliant maintenance operations
- Perform other duties as requested, directed, and assigned.
- Investigates and evaluates equipment and systems failures
- Counsel employees and provide corrective and supportive instruction to those who fail to meet quality, safety, or productivity standards, fail to demonstrate BAC values.
- Ensure individual activities embrace sustainability,reduce the impact on the environment, minimize waste, maximize recycling, minimize energy and water usage.
- Support a culture of innovation through original thinking to improve processes, methods, systems or services; translates new ideas into business opportunities
NATURE & SCOPE
Reports to the Engineering and Reliability Manager. The Supervisor is a part of the department leadership team and shares responsibility for the department goals and objectives. The Supervisor is responsible for leading a team of technicians. Additionally, he / she may participate on cross functional and regional teams.
Equal Opportunity Employer - minorities/females/veterans/individuals with disabilities/sexual orientation/gender identity