at Perdue Farms Inc - Georgetown in Georgetown, Delaware, United States
The purpose of the Chemical Process Technician is to maintain and operate machinery associated with Antimicrobial Applications throughout the plant.
Principal and Essential Duties & Responsibilities
Reads, interprets and understands manufacturers' equipment manuals, preventative (PM) task sheets and safety policies. Performs equipment adjustments and repairs, preventative maintenance and emergency breakdowns. Performs specific duties during both production and non-production hours in a timely manner with OSHA Lockout/Tagout and Company safety regulations. Monitors performance of equipment and informs maintenance and production supervisors of potential problems. Maintains log books by applying math skills through the equipment PM stages in order to calibrate machinery to performance standards.
- Maintain the chiller operations throughout the shift by visually monitoring the water levels, water temperature, air settings, water meters, mechanical operations and water overflow.
- Operate the PCC system to meet Intervention requirements for on time shift startup and maintain continuous production in the Facility.
- Perform titrations of intervention levels accurately and in a timely manner, clearly document results, make necessary adjustments to maintain in control.
- Clearly complete all documentation associated with bird temperatures, PAA levels, pH, make up water gpb. and water levels, etc. All required paperwork completed and turned into the QA/HACCP office at the end of each shift
- Report system issues to facility leadership including maintenance and production.
- Perform minor troubleshooting and maintenance of systems, including PCC shed housekeeping
- Utilize all Chemical Safety Processes and PPE as required by company policy
- Identify and train a qualified backup associate on each shift.
- Communicate with chemical vendors and technical support as needed.