at Perdue Farms Inc - Georgetown in Georgetown, Delaware, United States
The purpose of the Accounting Clerk 4 is to perform daily, weekly and monthly production reporting and support the monthly close process through preparation of journal entries. This position will assist with weekly and monthly plant cost estimates and works closely with plant management to gather and analyze data.
Principal and Essential Duties & Responsibilities
- Prepare accurate/timely daily, weekly and monthly plant statistical reporting, analysis and graphs.
- Compile temporary labor hours and prepare accurate/timely summary of total hours by department on a weekly basis. Reconcile the summaries to weekly invoices from the agencies to ensure accurate payment. Also compile Independent Live Haul driver pay and prepare check request to ensure proper payment.
- Assist with the preparation of accurate/timely weekly and monthly cost estimates. Prepare weekly estimate for Plant, Paws and Live Haul for review by supervisor. Prepare monthly cost estimates and compare to General Ledger.
- Prepare Accounting Journal Entries to assist with Monthly Close duties.
- Prepare analysis on packaging and ingredients and purchases greater than $5,000 for capitalization. Prepare analysis on operating costs to ensure accounts are charged correctly.
- Assist with financial audits as assigned by the Accounting Manager and preparation of government surveys as required.
- Support the Accounting Manager with Ad Hoc analysis and special requests and provide back up support when needed.