at Perdue Farms Inc - Georgetown in Georgetown, Delaware, United States
- Manages, either through supervisors or directly supervises Maintenance staff for a specific part of the plant and/or shift.
Principal and Essential Duties & Responsibilities
- Assists in the planning, organizing and directing in the development of the maintenance work plan; assigns methods and procedures.
- Assists in recommending maintenance and operating procedures for new facilities prior to and during contraction.
- Develops new layout designs for use in installing new equipment/processes, as well as, changes to existing.
- Prepares estimates of needed equipment, materials, supplies and labor.
- Supervises the repair of all type of building, mechanical and structural problems.
- Reviews completed work orders; assists in establishing work policies, maintenance and repair standards.
- Develops, maintains and updates as necessary a preventive maintenance program using the technology provided by the Computerized Maintenance Management System (CMMS) system in order to increase the reliability of the equipment and minimize production line downtime related to equipment failure.
- Identifies chronic maintenance problem areas and recommends courses of action necessary to repair, modify or replace equipment by utilizing machine downtime and machine history data as available from the CMMS system in order to increase machine efficiencies and reduce costs.
- Ensures that the activities of the Maintenance Department adhere to USDA regulations and plant quality control standards by keeping the Maintenance Supervisors and mechanics informed of the proper procedures and monitoring their compliance in order to maximize the Company's ability to provide high quality products.