at CDM Smith in Wilmington, Delaware, United States
Are you passionate about designing and improving U.S. government facilities?
Do you love helping clients design spaces that will transform the end user’s experience?
If you’re an architect with a desire to grow a discipline and a team, this could be a great fit!
CDM Smith’s Federal Facilities – Discipline Leader is a U.S.-based technical and sales role responsible for growing the federal facilities discipline and team. We are searching for a thought leader who is confident with clients, understands large-scale federal projects, seeks innovative approaches to solve challenges, and encourages employees to expand their expertise. The discipline leader will collaborate with our federal sales team to identify and showcase our technical differentiators to drive growth.
CDM Smith is one of the world’s top design, program management and construction management firms, providing innovative and creative solutions for our federal clients and assisting them in achieving successful outcomes on their water, infrastructure, environmental, and transportation programs.
We are open to full-remote and hybrid schedules for this position. This position can be based out of any CDM Smith U.S. based office.
As the Discipline Leader and a contributor to CDM Smith’s transformational growth, you will:
- Position us ahead of challenges recognized in the marketplace, including pre-positioning for pursuits by identifying and showcasing our technical differentiators
- Provide senior-level expertise for current and future federal facility projects
- Recruit, retain, and mentor the best and brightest technical employees
- Anticipate, identify, and adopt new technologies that help our clients solve challenges
- Collaborate with other discipline leaders in the practice to cultivate innovative solutions, technologies, and research and development projects
- Embrace continuous improvement, drive a culture of quality, and meet commitments for sustained success
- Be most successful in a flexible and remote work environment
Architectural/Federal Facilities – Discipline Leader
- Bachelor’s degree in Architecture. Professional Architect registration (RA) required.
- 14 years of related experience with at least 8 of those years as a Registered Architect.
- Domestic and/or international travel may be required. The frequency of travel is contingent on specific duties, responsibilities, and the essential functions of the position, which may vary depending on workload and project demands.
- Equivalent additional directly related experience will be considered in lieu of a degree.
- Master’s Degree in Architecture.
- U.S. Green Building Council, LEED Accredited Professional
- NCARB Certified
- Project Management Professional (PMP)
We attract the best people in the industry, supporting their efforts to learn and grow. We strive to create a challenging and progressive work environment. We provide career opportunities that span a variety of disciplines and geographic locations, with projects that our employees plan, design, build and operate as diverse as the needs of our clients. CDM Smith is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, pregnancy and pregnancy-related conditions, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, marital status, disability, citizenship status, genetics, protected veteran status or any other characteristics protected by applicable law.
Why CDM Smith?:
Check out this video and find out why our team loves to work here! (https://www.cdmsmith.com/en/Video/Meet-CDM-Smith)
Join Us! CDM Smith – where amazing career journeys unfold.
Imagine a place committed to offering an unmatched employee experience. Where you work on projects that are meaningful to you. Where you play an active part in shaping your career journey. Where your co-workers are invested in you and your success. Where you are encouraged and supported to do your very best and given the tools and resources to do so. Where it’s a priority that the company takes good care of you and your family.
Our employees are the heart of our company. As an employer of choice, our goal is to provide a challenging, progressive and inclusive work environment which fosters personal leadership, career growth and development for every employee. We value passionate individuals who challenge the norm, deliver world-class solutions and bring diverse perspectives. Join our team, and together we will make a difference and change the world.
Job Site Location:
United States – Nationwide
All vendors must have a signed CDM Smith Placement Agreement from the CDM Smith Recruitment Center Manager to receive payment for your placement. Verbal or written commitments from any other member of the CDM Smith staff will not be considered binding terms. All unsolicited resumes sent to CDM Smith and any resume submitted to any employee outside of CDM Smith Recruiting Center Team (RCT) will be considered property of CDM Smith. CDM Smith will not be held liable to pay a placement fee.
Amount of Travel Required:
Visa Sponsorship Available:
No – We will not support sponsorship, i.e. H-1B or TN Visas for this position
Skills and Abilities:
- Comprehensive knowledge and multi-discipline experience in planning, designing, and managing large-scale federal facility projects
- Experience with Unified Facilities Criteria (UFC)
- Assist in marketing and business development related efforts related to existing and new federal clients
- Strong self-leadership and interpersonal communication skills with the ability to interact with clients and employees effectively, persuasively, and tactfully at all levels
- Ability to understand highly complex technical, professional, and business materials
- Experience in multiple project delivery types including design-build, design-bid-build, construction manager-at-risk, etc.
- Proficient in reading and interpreting contracts, drawings, and specifications.
- Ability to leverage a matrix organization to build relationships and drive desired results
U.S. Vaccine Status:
CDM Smith Inc. and its divisions and subsidiaries (hereafter collectively referred to as “CDM Smith”) are committed to your health and safety. CDM Smith and its employees adhere to all applicable government and client COVID-19 requirements.To view full details and how to apply, please login or create a Job Seeker account