at Perdue Farms Inc - Georgetown in Georgetown, Delaware, United States
The Retention Supervisor is accountable for the establishment and administration of plant specific retention strategies with in the region. They are responsible for establishing a working relationship with managers, supervisors and hourly production associates in the processing plant to foster an environment of cooperative progress. Retention accountabilities will focus on both new and senior associates and they will effectively coaches and counsel supervision on methods to improve absenteeism & turnover.
Principal and Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Ensures that all newly hired and senior associates receive an effective and timely responses to all concerns and issues. Schedules, conducts, facilitates, audits, associate retainable programs and identifies new methods to improve all plant retention and attendance at every level.
- Provides coaching and counseling to supervisory personnel to improve the supervisors’ ability to effectively direct their workforce combined with people solving skills to discourage job abandonment and solid daily attendance.
- Foster associate/management relations that are built on communication, trust and a strong commitment to the Perdue location that they are employed at.
- Works cohesively with the Associate Development Specialist and Mentors at each location to ensure attendance levels are above 90% and turnover meets or exceeds the plant FY goals.
- Works cohesively with the mentor program.