at Chemours in Newark, Delaware, United States
As we create a colorful, capable and cleaner world through chemistry, we invite you to join our team to harness the power of chemistry to shape markets, redefine industries and improve lives for billions of people around the world.
Chemours is seeking a Synthetic Chemist to join our growing Advanced Performance Materials team! This position will report directly to the Global Technology Manager of PTFE and Melts at our Chemours Discovery Hub in Newark, Delaware.
The focus of this position is the advancement of sustainable production processes within Chemours Advanced Performance Materials. As part of Chemours’ commitment to sustainability and responsible manufacturing, this role will collaborate with Research and Development teams and Manufacturing Technology teams to evaluate and implement sustainable processes in our production facilities.
The responsibilities of the position include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Design and synthesize molecules with attention to detail, utilize and maintain test equipment, collect/organize/report results and carry out subsequent studies to further the progress of the program.
- Identify and proactively pursue new technology, contribute to the development of Intellectual property and support scale-up trials with a creative and open-minded approach with timely communication of results
- Effectively communicate and collaborate with a global team of multidisciplinary scientists in research and manufacturing.
- Work with product, commercial and marketing teams to define technical goals that will support the commercial team to meet Chemours business objectives.
- Maintain good housekeeping in laboratory space, write and follow safety documentation and operating procedures. Participate in Process Hazards Reviews, safety reviews, and safety audits as needed.
The following is /required/ for this role:
- Ph. D. in technical discipline; chemistry, chemical engineering or polymer science
- Excellent laboratory technique and communication skills, a broad knowledge of organic synthetic methods, strong analytical skills and a proficiency in chemical separation and identification of organic compounds
- Knowledge of Process Safety Management, SOPs, and safe handling of chemicals and materials
- Strong interpersonal skills, language skills, presentation skills – both written and oral
- Ability to lift and move 40 pounds occasionally.
The following is /preferred/ for this role:
- Minimum 5yrs experience in a technical role involving chemical synthesis
- Strong experience in Fluorine chemistry and characterization
- Experience in polymerization and analysis of polymers
- Experience with analytical measurement techniques such as NMR, Liquid Chromatography with Tandem Mass Spectrometry, FT-IR, TGA, DSC.
- Competitive Compensation
- Comprehensive Benefits Packages
- 401(k) Match
- Employee Stock Purchase Program
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Commuter Benefits
- Learning and Development Opportunities
- Strong Inclusion and Diversity Initiatives
- Company-paid Volunteer Days
WE’RE CHEMOURS. A DIFFERENT KIND OF CHEMISTRY COMPANY.
We are driven by our purpose to create a more colorful, capable, and cleaner world through the power of chemistry.
Built upon a 200-year-old legacy and a world-class product portfolio, we bring everyday convenience to virtually everything people touch-in industries ranging from automotive, paints, and plastics to electronics, construction, energy, and telecommunications. We bring solutions that are better, safer, more reliable, and more sustainable, through the power of chemistry.
We see our people as our biggest assets. Instead of focusing just on what our employees do each day, we look at how they do it. By taking a different approach to talent development, employee engagement, and culture, our goal is to empower employees to be their best selves-at Chemours and in life.
The “ours” in Chemours represents everyone who works here. We’re thousands strong and always looking for the best and brightest to join our team.
Five fundamental, foundational values form the substructure of our culture as a multinational
corporation. They are core beliefs that guide and frame both our behaviors and our aspirations.
Our values are in part what differentiate us from others, making us uniquely Chemours.
They are-Customer Centered, Refreshing Simplicity, Collective Entrepreneurship,
Safety Obsession, and Unshakable Integrity. At Chemours, our values are where everything begins.
We were honored to be named a /“Great Place to Work-Certified Company”/ for 2019-2020-our second consecutive year. We were also proud to receive a Gold Medallion Award from the U.S. Department of Labor’s HIRE VETS program in 2019.
/Chemours is an equal opportunity employer/
/Chemours is an E-Verify employer/
/Candidates must be able to perform all duties listed with or without accommodation/
/Immigration sponsorship (i.e., H1-B visa, F-1 visa (OPT), TN visa or any other non-immigrant status) is not currently available for this position/To view full details and how to apply, please login or create a Job Seeker account