at Chubb in Wilmington, Delaware, United States
Chubb is the worlds largest publicly traded property and casualty insurer. With operations in 54 countries, Chubb provides commercial and personal property and casualty insurance, personal accident and supplemental health insurance, reinsurance and life insurance to a diverse group of clients. The company is distinguished by its extensive product and service offerings, broad distribution capabilities, exceptional financial strength, underwriting excellence, superior claims handling expertise and local operations globally.
We are currently seeking an Underwriter to join our Underwriting Center, Multinational P&C team. This role will be located in Wilmington, DE. Qualified candidates must possess a strong understanding of Property and Casualty insurance concepts and products, as evidenced by successful experience in the Property and Casualty insurance arena; analytical ability to be capable of judging the feasibility of underwriting risks within assigned areas, ability to function in a department which develops several million dollars in premium annually through handling a large volume of small to mid-size premium accounts, and ability to meet or succeed transaction time standards set by the team manager by adhering to sound time management practices. International insurance experience is preferred.
Major Responsibilities and duties may include but are not limited to:
- Work independently to analyze risk, rate, quote and bind coverage
- Comply with Best Underwriting Practices and Legal standards when underwriting/quoting accounts
- Maintain proper electronic file documentation per current procedures
- Handle account portfolio within underwriting authority
- Achieve rate and renewal retention according to business goals.
- Equal Opportunity Employer - minorities/females/veterans/individuals with disabilities/sexual orientation/gender identity