at Northern Trust Company in Wilmington, Delaware, United States
Job DescriptionThe Fiduciary Account Manager, GFO is responsible for coordinating the account administration for wealth management clients. Maintains the account including record keeping, responds to client inquiries, produces reports and oversees transaction processing. Assists Trust Advisors in developing additional business, making client presentations, and coordinating servicing team.
The Fiduciary Account Manager, GFO will also:
1. Coordinates the daily servicing of Fiduciary wealth management clients which may include a focus on their asset servicing, trust administration, banking or investment management activities.
2. Receives service requests from clients and partners; coordinates or executes daily client activity, oversees transaction processing, handles inquiry resolution, obtains appropriate documentation necessary for the completion of account reviews, and ensures systems information is up-to-date.
3. Oversees development of appropriate action plans for client activities and ensures execution and follow-up.
4. Coordinates with servicing team on execution of client activity, communicating with client and vendors as appropriate.
5. Ensures accurate set up and review of fees.
6. Drafts discretionary memos in accordance with Trust agreement and collaborates with Trust Advisor for accuracy.
7. Documents services provided, specialized procedures, and ongoing written communications with client as appropriate in managing daily activity.
8. Develops clear understanding of clients need behind service requests and communicates to service partners. Obtains appropriate information from partners and client to facilitate service changes or transactions.
9. Identifies service efficiency enhancements, process improvements, and service delivery using creative and proactive measures.
10. May monitor banking, investment and trust operations and accounting activities to ensure that all necessary reports, documents, tickets, etc. are processed to facilitate client services.
11. Communicates with clients regularly to inform them of account set-up or status, document requests, or other information.
12. May research client records, contracts, agreements, legal requirements and relevant tax laws to respond to inquiries. Informs client of steps taken to resolve issues as they relate to the governing agreement.
13. Develops and maintains a working knowledge of various business applications critical to relationship management including client on-line tools.
14. Travels to client locations on a selected basis where revenue, new business opportunities and or servicing require a call.
3-5 years' experience in financial servicing/accounting fields, with client servicing background.
Knowledge of the asset servicing, personal trust, banking, investment operations and accounting systems usually acquired through related experience is needed to administer master trust and custody accounts.
General business knowledge, including knowledge of accounting usually acquired through coursework, is required to oversee client transactions.
Analytical, problem solving, and organizational skills required to identify and resolve account issues.
About Northern Trust:
Northern Trust provides innovative financial services and guidance to corporations, institutions and affluent families and individuals globally.With more than 130 years of financial experience and over 20,000 partners, we serve the world's most sophisticated clients using leading technology and exceptional service.
Equal Opportunity Employer - minorities/females/veterans/individuals with disabilities/sexual orientation/gender identity