at Wilmington Housing Authority in Wilmington, Delaware, United States
JOB TITLE: Development Coordinator
FLSA STATUS: Exempt
REPORTS TO: Development Deputy Director
PREPARED DATE: 5/18/2022
SUMMARY: The Development Coordinator is responsible for the overall management of the Section 3 Program to ensure compliance with all federal/local mandates. The position serves as an internal and external liaison to facilitate contractor compliance and employment and/or contracting opportunities for low to very low-income persons. Maintain, monitor, and report on the Section 3 program which includes conducting compliance reviews, preparing and reviewing purchasing scopes/solicitations, maintaining databases, presenting information, and reporting.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Develops, administers, and monitors applicable policies and procedures including the creation of forms, report templates, fliers, letters, electronic databases, etc. to ensure compliance with Section 3 requirements based on HUD regulations and the Board-approved Section 3 Policy.
- Provides ongoing training and support to WHA staff regarding the implementation of the Section 3 Policy and procedures.
- Ensures that departmental practices are compliant with federal, state, and local regulations and WHA policies.
- Prepares monthly reports detailing activity and status of compliance and non-compliance with policy; conducts investigations of non-compliance as assigned.
- Conduct thorough analysis of contractor payroll data for HUD regulatory compliance, identifying noncompliance issues and notifying all stakeholders associated with the contractor.
- Monitor prevailing wage reports to ensure contractors and subcontractors who employ laborers and mechanics and those employed on any construction and rehabilitation work are compliant with Davis-Bacon prevailing wage rates where applicable.
- Collect, track, and prepare Section 3 reports for timely and accurate submission to HUD and other internal and external entities.
- Assists contractors with the preparation and implementation of Section 3 Program efforts.
- Collaborate with Development Deputy Director to monitor contractors' efforts to actively target/engage Section 3 participants and MWBEs in new Section 3 opportunities
(jobs/contracting). Including involvement in the procurement process in preparing solicitations, monitoring contract compliance, contract closure, and any other related tasks.
- Coordinates Section 3 grievance procedures.
- Create/maintain separate files for Section 3 contracts to record evidence of WHA’s best efforts to comply with federal mandates.
- Collaborate with Resident Services and Procurement departments to ensure internal coordination to successfully administer a compliant Section 3 program and achieve established goals.
- Provide technical assistance to help potential bidders, contractors, and/or subcontractors create innovative Section 3 opportunities meeting WHA’s standards.
- Participates in all Pre-Bid meetings with Procurement.
- Track all department contracts and help prepare required documentation for bids or renewal.
- Assists with coordinating the development of the annual and five-year capital plans and budgets.
- Assists with the development, implementation, and modification of department policies and procedures.
- Maintains a safe work environment and exhibits safe work practices.
- Pursue personal development of skills and knowledge necessary for the effective performance of the role. Attend training to further develop relevant knowledge, techniques, and skills.
- Performs other related duties as required.
- Flexibility to work outside normal work hours, as required.
- Timely and accurate submission of HUD Section 3 Program reporting at or above 98%.
- Timely and accurate completion of Section 3 Program analysis and compliance reports at or above 98%.
- Provides monthly training for WHA staff to ensure compliance of Section 3 Program.
- Coordinates monthly collaboration meetings with Resident Services and Procurement.
- Timely and accurate tracking of department contracts at or above 98%
- Follow-up on all inquiries within one business day.
- Demonstrate and promote a spirit of cooperation and teamwork throughout the organization.
- Continually look for ways to improve our processes and ability to serve our internal customers and residents effectively.
- Improve personal performance on a continual basis.
- Provide responsive, professional, and diplomatic customer service.
- Answer customer calls and correspondence quickly and pleasantly.
- Communicate with internal customers and residents in a friendly, professional, and patient manner.
- Perform all duties with the goal of building and maintaining long-term relationships.
- Immediately address any internal customers and residents’ concerns and request the involvement of other personnel as required. Notify manager of any major concerns and the action taken to resolve.