at Baltimore Aircoil Company in Milford, Delaware, United States
The Team Leader is a tactical business leader who supervises a key production or functional support group consisting of approximately 10 70 team members. The Team Leader uses leadership, planning, and organizational skills to efficiently allocate people and resources to accomplish daily, weekly, and monthly operational goals established by plant management. The Team Leader has a healthy dissatisfaction with the status quo and actively engages his / her team in continuous improvement efforts. Key to the role is demonstrating the commitment to safety, quality, and people development within their department. The Team Leader is accountable for the operational results of their teams by focusing on shop floor execution in order to exceed the departments performance metrics and objectives.
- Owns personal and team safety. Observes all safety rules and uses the proper safety equipment at all times. Committed to a culture of safety and excellence.
- Execute daily and weekly departmental productivity goals to meet monthly sales targets and on-time customer delivery
- Establish objectives for the team that are aligned with BACs execution strategy and evaluate team members on performance
- Initiate the efficient allocation and management of labor to ensure high quality and productivity through effectively using the collective skills of the team.
- Demonstrate effective daily communication with the team to ensure all employees are informed and committed to the departments immediate goals and vision through the use of meetings, one on ones, and positive coaching sessions.
- Ensure that team members understand how their work relates to the plants strategic goals and BACs mission
- Develop all team members with particular emphasis placed on Station Leaders and high performers
- Lead and/or support projects as assigned related to new products, continuous improvement, quality, safety, or cost reduction
- Collaborate with peers and internal customers locally and globally to foster sharing of best practices and continuous improvement
- Act as Emergency Coordinator for Emergency Response such as in the event of a hazardous spill, fire, explosion, or natural disaster
- Drive awareness and enforcement of policies and procedures indicative of an equitable and well run professional organization
- Eliminate hazards and proactively act upon recommendations identified through behavior based safety observations in order to maintain a safe working environment
- Understand, comply with, and support all agency regulatory standards as well as BAC specific policies that govern environmental, health, safety, quality, financial, and people practices
NATURE & SCOPE
The Team Leader reports to the Operations Manager or Asst. Operations Manager. Additionally, they provide support for functional processes, projects and initiatives sponsored by EHS, Quality, Human Resources, Engineering, Maintenance and Supply Chain. May participate in, or lead cross functional teams representing multiple BAC business locations.
KNOWLEDGE & SKILLS
- Three to five years of experience leading effective teams in a fast paced, and preferably a manufacturing environment
- Analytical thinking demonstrated by the ability to solve problems using a logical, systematic, and sequential approach.
- Demonstrated ability to delegate tasks and motivate teams to achieve shared goals
- Project management skills including, setting a vision, establishing and driving timelines, and division of responsibility to balance skills and...
Equal Opportunity Employer - minorities/females/veterans/individuals with disabilities/sexual orientation/gender identity