at Westside Family Healthcare in Bear, Delaware, United States
The Family Medicine Physician delivers quality primary medical care in an efficient manner with emphasis on health promotion/disease prevention, collaborates with the clinical team of providers and allied health professionals and participates in the development of new programs, review of existing programs, and quality improvement activities.
- Provide primary medical care to patients, including collecting and recording patient information in the EMR in a thorough and timely manner; prescribing or administering treatment; ordering, performing, and interpreting tests and analyzing records, reports, and examination information to diagnose patients' conditions; monitoring patients' conditions and progress and reevaluating treatments as necessary; explaining procedures and discussing test results or prescribed treatments with patients; advising patients concerning diet, activity, hygiene, and disease prevention; referring patients to medical specialists or other practitioners when necessary; and participating in hospital admission and follow-up of patients, making arrangement for services as needed
- Coordinate work with other members of the care team, including nurses, social workers, rehabilitation therapists, pharmacists, psychologists, and other health care providers
- Provide emergency medical treatment to WFH patients as needed, and provide emergency medical treatment as requested or appropriate to non-WFH patients who are at or near a location where the physician is present for the purpose of providing services to WFH patients
- Provide medical consultation and collaborative practice with certified nurse practitioners and cooperate in the development and implementation of nurse practitioner guidelines and patient management protocols
- Train residents, medical students, and other health care professionals
- Participate in newborn rounding and after-hours call rotation as needed
- Implement clinical department policies, protocols, and procedures that are in compliance with the most current, accepted professional standards, as well the standards of The Joint Commission
- Participate in activities to increase appropriate utilization of available services by patients of Westside Family Healthcare, Inc.
- Participate in staff education and professional development activities, including continuing education credit requirements to maintain licensure and Basic Life Support certification
- Participate in WFH performance improvement programs and in community education and outreach programs offered by Westside