at Westside Family Healthcare in Newark, Delaware, United States
The RN Case Manager is on-site RN who directly supports assigned care teams by managing high and rising risk patients. RN Case Manager will case-manage patients/populations who are most at risk for health deterioration, sentinel events and/or poor health outcomes; including but not limited to: coumadin patients; uncontrolled/poorly controlled DM patients, prenatal patients, high utilization ER/hospital patients and any other patient requiring additional support to achieve healthy outcomes. The RN Case Manager will work closely with the Clinical Floor Supervisor to coordinate day-to-day clinical care efforts, including but not limited to identifying and implementing nurse interventions to improve patient health outcomes.
- Manage a caseload of patients/populations identified as at risk for health deterioration, sentinel events and/or poor outcomes using the nursing process and established protocols. Evaluate outcomes of care coordination efforts by measuring interventions effectiveness and fostering a continuous improvement mentality.
- Collaborate daily with Clinical Floor Supervisor to coordinate clinical care efforts related to assigned medical team. Participate in daily huddles with the Nurse Team to identify patients’ needs and care gaps. Delegate patient care based on patients’ needs, keeping the patients’ providers informed.
- Provide ambulatory care support as a member of the care team; which may include, but is not limited to walk-in and/or telephone triage
- Maintain compliance with all professional and organizational requirements to meet position standards.
- Ability to efficiently perform the core responsibilities outlined in the RN Care Manager Job description; participate in quality improvement activities and initiatives; other duties as assigned or requested.
- Serve as a mentor/coach to fellow team members, students and/or volunteers.