at DART Container in Federalsburg, Maryland, United States
Primarily responsible for moving raw materials and/or finished goods through the plant or warehouse using a Powered Industrial Truck (PIT).
- Follow and commit to meet Key Performance Indicators (KPI’s) for safety, quality, production, efficiency, and service requirements.
- Follow practices and processes intended to provide safe products that comply with appropriate laws and regulations, meet the company quality standards
- Follow and commit to safety and GMP (Good Manufacturing Practices)
- Operates gas or electric powered forklift or clamp truck to move, stack, load or unload materials, parts, finished goods
- Understand customer requirements and decide how to select and load storage areas
- Stack product in a uniform and damage free condition
- Coordinate with other departments as needed to ensure proper inventory management
- May be responsible for one or more of the following:
- handling customer freight
- stocking, collecting, retrieving and delivering material and goods
- transporting large paper, printed, slit rolls, or other large material items
- loading and unloading trucks or railcar, whether manually or using a PIT
- logging the movement of incoming and outgoing materials and goods
- performing general maintenance of the forklift, logging sheets and reporting mechanical problems
- analyzing available space for materials and reposition materials as needed
- maintaining inventory record accuracy
- performing other routine duties such as assisting in clearing jams, palletizing cases, wrapping pallets, etc.