at Chubb in Wilmington, Delaware, United States
Chubb is the world's largest publicly traded property and casualty insurer. With operations in 54 countries, Chubb provides commercial and personal property and casualty insurance, personal accident and supplemental health insurance, reinsurance and life insurance to a diverse group of clients. The company is distinguished by its extensive product and service offerings, broad distribution capabilities, exceptional financial strength, underwriting excellence, superior claims handling expertise and local operations globally.
We are looking for candidates who are highly motivated to succeed, demonstrate strong teamwork, collaboration, curiosity and problem-solving skill. They must be results oriented.
This is a professional Underwriting position within Chubbs Property & Casualty Underwriting Centers.Underwriting responsibilities include evaluating, accepting, rejecting, or modifying Commercial risks within established underwriting guidelines and authority. Ideal candidate would have knowledge of/experience in multi-line package underwriting; multinational experience a plus.
Daily responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Renewal evaluation:This person will evaluate renewal business in accordance with established guidelines and serve as a pricing expert, adhering to proper and compliant file documentation in accordance with corporate strategies. Additionally, this person will ensure proper terms and conditions are applied to their assigned portfolio.
- Timely adherence to the Renewal workflow
- Apply underwriting judgement, including line of business and account level decision making
- Analyze risk characteristics and account documentation to determine appropriate account pricing
- Complete book/issue instructions for processing center
- Adhere to all jurisdictional compliance documentation standards and ensure all underwriting documentation is complete
- Build, maintain and manage superior relationships at all levels internal and external. Equal Opportunity Employer - minorities/females/veterans/individuals with disabilities/sexual orientation/gender identity