at Solenis, LLC in Wilmington, Delaware, United States
Vice President, Global Engineering
Workday Req Number
# of Openings
Solenis is a leading global producer of specialty chemicals, focused on delivering sustainable solutions for water-intensive industries, including the pulp, packaging paper and board, tissue and towel, oil and gas, petroleum refining, chemical processing, mining, biorefining, power, municipal, and pool and spa markets. The company's product portfolio includes a broad array of water treatment chemistries, process aids and functional additives, as well as state-of-the-art monitoring and control systems. These technologies are used by customers to improve operational efficiencies, enhance product quality, protect plant assets, minimize environmental impact and maintain healthy water. Headquartered in Wilmington, Delaware, the company has 47 manufacturing facilities strategically located around the globe and employs a team of over 6,000 professionals in 120 countries across five continents. Solenis is a 2021 US Best Managed Company.
For additional information about Solenis, please visitwww.solenis.com or follow us on social media.
This newly created role will oversee the Global Engineering of the company including our Process Technology group, capital engineering, large capital projects, and sustainability engineering.
The Global Corporate Engineering role will manage all of the engineering and process technology design/work, as well as the capital engineering for site, small, and large capital projects. The role will also have responsibility for our sustaining engineering work as well.
- Lead and manage the entire process technology team and ensure that we are supporting new processes, insourcing, and improving older processes
- Lead and manage the entire capital process including cash flow, small projects, large projects, and companywide strategic projects
- Lead and manage the sustainability engineering processes for our sites to help ensure we meet our goals toward net neutral carbon emissions
- Work on strategic acquisitions
- Bachelor's degree in engineering, chemistry, operations or a closely related field required; MBA a plus.
- Minimum 10+ years with experiences in managing site, company and other capital projects as well as process engineering.
- Progressive leadership experience at both the tactical and strategic level.
- Strong ability to advise and influence leaders.
- Knowledge of capital project management and process technology.
- Knowledge of cash flow management.
- Chemical industry experience preferred.
- Six Sigma certification preferred.
- Strong manufacturing cost and analytic capability with hands-on experience leading lean manufacturing initiatives, a plus.
- Working in a fast-paced dynamic environment.
At Solenis, we understand that our greatest asset is our people. That is why we offer competitive compensation, comprehensive benefits and numerous opportunities for professional growth and development. So, if you are interested in working for a world-class company and enjoy solving complex challenges, whether in the lab or the field, consider joining our team.
For the protection of our employees, customers, and community, as a condition of employment, all new hires must be fully vaccinated or in the process of obtaining full vaccination against COVID-19 and must provide proof of vaccination prior to starting employment with the company unless a valid exemption applies. A new hire will be considered to be in the process of obtaining full vaccination if they have received at least one dose of a COVID-19 vaccine prior to their start date and have agreed to become fully vaccinated in a timely manner thereafter.
Solenis is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Affirmative Action Employer, including Minorities / Women/ Veterans / Disabled.
Solenis is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
Should you require assistance in applying to this opportunity, please reach out to Solenis Talent Acquisition at 1-888-756-2701.