at Chemours in Newark, Delaware, United States
Chemours is seeking a(n) Research Scientist Fall Co-op to join our TSS team! This position will report directly to the Sr. Research Manager.
The Chemours™ Discovery Hub, a newly constructed 320,000 sq.ft. world-class R&D/Application Development research facility located in Newark, DE, has an Co-op position available in the Technology function. This highly visible role is to provide product development support at the research and tech service labs for all product lines (e.g. Opteon™, Freon™) within the Thermal and Specialty Solutions Business. We harness next-generation, low-Global Warming Potential (GWP) technology to provide market driven innovations to customers in the areas of Refrigerants, Propellants, Fire Protection, Foam Blowing Agents used in various systems for building and construction segments, and Mobile and Stationary heating and cooling systems to name a few. Our technical organization consists of experts in the areas of fluorine, catalysis, process development, analytical and formulation science, and application development to name a few. This role will provide integral product development support for some of our most rapidly growing application segments.
Location: Newark, DE
Hours: Regular full-time schedule of 40 hours per week
Preferred First Term: Fall 2022
/Candidates must be able to commit to at least a total of six (6) months as a co-op. Two (2) or more terms may be required./
The responsibilities of the position include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Possess knowledge of and follow all company safety rules and regulations.
- Demonstrated skills to diagnose, troubleshoot, design and prepare laboratory setup in order to develop product assessment tools within a research environment
- Knowledge or the desire to learn fluorochemical science and related application technologies
- Ability to design and execute experiments to develop new methods
- Ability to develop skills in data analysis; able to analyze data independently, draw statistically based conclusions and determine next steps
- Ability to interact directly with senior technical staff
- Ability to self-manage time and resources to get results in the quickest and least costly fashion within limits dictated by maintaining safe operations
- Ability to keep accurate records of experimental procedures and data via an electronic laboratory notebook, maintain inventories, and manage technical and product data sheets, etc.; protect proprietary information and intellectual property
The following is /required/ for this role:
- Pursuing a technical degree in science/engineering (chemistry, chemical and/or electrical engineering preferred)
- Proficient in Microsoft Office applications
- Good verbal and interpersonal communication skills
- Competitive Compensation
- Paid Site Holidays and Paid Day of Service
- Temporary Housing Assistance
- Learning and Development Opportunities
- Strong Inclusion and Diversity Initiatives
WE’RE CHEMOURS. A DIFFERENT KIND OF CHEMISTRY COMPANY.
We are driven by our purpose to create a more colorful, capable, and cleaner world through the power of chemistry.
Built upon a 200-year-old legacy and a world-class product portfolio, we bring everyday convenience to virtually everything people touch-in industries ranging from automotive, paints, and plastics to electronics, construction, energy, and telecommunications. We bring solutions that are better, safer, more reliable, and more sustainable, through the power of chemistry.
We see our people as our biggest assets. Instead of focusing just on what our employees do each day, we look at how they do it. By taking a different approach to talent development, employee engagement, and culture, our goal is to empower employees to be their best selves-at Chemours and in life.
The “ours” in Chemours represents everyone who works here. We’re thousands strong and always looking for the best and brightest to join our team.
Five fundamental, foundational values form the substructure of our culture as a multinational
corporation. They are core beliefs that guide and frame both our behaviors and our aspirations.
Our values are in part what differentiate us from others, making us uniquely Chemours.
They are-Customer Centered, Refreshing Simplicity, Collective Entrepreneurship,
Safety Obsession, and Unshakable Integrity. At Chemours, our values are where everything begins.
We were honored to be named a /“Great Place to Work-Certified Company”/ for 2018 and 2019-our second consecutive year. We were also proud to receive a Gold Medallion Award from the U.S. Department of Labor’s HIRE VETS program in 2019.
/Chemours is an equal opportunity employer/
/Chemours is an E-Verify employer/
/Candidates must be able to perform all duties listed with or without accommodation/
/Candidates must be authorized to work in the United States. Candidates who now or in the future require sponsorship for employment (i.e., H1-B visa, F-1 visa (OPT), TN visa or any other non-immigrant status) are ineligible/To view full details and how to apply, please login or create a Job Seeker account