at Certara USA, LLC in Wilmington, Delaware, United States
As a member of our business development team, your work as an Associate Director of Business Development (BDD) will involve identifying and building relationships with key decision makers both internally and externally. In this role, you will engage with existing and potential customers to illustrate the competitive advantage that Certara's technology-enabled Regulatory Services offerings bring to clients, and capture sales accordingly. You will be a member of Certara's Regulatory Services BD team, and work alongside other BD director generalists who sell the whole range of Certara's Regulatory Services portfolio, including regulatory strategy, regulatory/medical writing, study and eCTD submission level document authoring, full submission leadership, med-comm services, and technology-enabled services.
As an Assoc. BDD, your focus will be sales of Certara's technology-enabled regulatory services. These services include regulatory operations, dataset compliance, authoring of patient narratives, as well as transparency and disclosures services (including redaction/anonymization, plain language summaries, and others). The target clients are Tier 1, Tier 2, and (mainly) Tier 3 pharmaceutical, biotechnology and medical device companies, globally. This is a consultative role requiring you, as the business development professional, to uncover customer needs through an understanding of their corporate, program-specific, and scientific goals, as well as to design a customized solution. The BDD will work closely with the Global Head of BD to develop the appropriate strategy for discovering new business opportunities, inform proposal creation, and work as a member of the larger commercial team. In some client situations your role will be to support other BDD's and in others, you will be the lead. The ideal candidate has a passion for our industry, is solution-oriented and able to work well within a team, a creative problem solver, has a passion for clients, and has a tenacious desire to close deals.
* Establishes productive, professional relationships with key decision-making personnel in the assigned prospect organizations for these types of services. These typically comprise Regulatory and Medical Affairs, Clinical Operations, IT and Procurement functions.
* Informs proposal and price quotation development efforts that best address the prospect's needs, while coordinating the involvement of Certara's Regulatory Services, Commercial, and Business Operations personnel, as necessary. Delivers and negotiates proposals and other legal agreements required to achieve sales targets while maintaining appropriate margin levels for each opportunity.
* Presents new solutions and professional service options to prospects by identifying best-fit opportunities for technology-enabled regulatory solutions and professional service offerings against the prospect's need-to-buy, and by developing strategies to communicate an appropriate, compelling message to the prospect.
* Coordinates the seamless transition of newly contracted projects, for both new and existing clients, to the Regulatory Services implementation teams
* Sales Planning, working within Salesforce.com, to identify opportunities, maintain an active and up-to-date pipeline, close successful wins. This includes accurate entry and upkeep of details for Accounts, Contacts, Calls/Tasks/Events and Referrals for a comprehensive CRM profile of each client
* Proactively assesses, clarifies, and validates assigned prospects' needs on an ongoing basis.
* Proactively informs the team as to progress against annual performance objectives, financial bookings targets, and critical sales plan milestones.
* Leads preparation for and conducts client meetings and presentations, including but not limited to bid-defense meetings, capabilities presentations, quarterly/annual business review meetings, etc.
* Coordinates the involvement of other divisional and corporate personnel, including Commercial Operations, Subject Matter Experts (including Service Line Heads for these services), Marketing, Business Operations, and management resources, to identify and advance prospective client needs, meet sales performance objectives, and deliver on clients' expectations.
* Coordinates with and obtains support for client opportunities with Product Specialists for the various tech-enabled services.
* Works closely with other BD leads within Certara's regulatory and market access teams, and across Certara's business units to promote and achieve... For full info follow application link.
Certara is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Certara does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, non-disqualifying physical or mental disability, national origin, veteran status or any other basis covered by appropriate law. All employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit, and business need.