at Certara USA, LLC in Wilmington, Delaware, United States
Quantitative Systems Pharmacology (QSP) positions (all levels) at Certara
The Certara Quantitative Systems Pharmacology (QSP) group is a global organization focused on the
impactful application of QSP and mechanistic PKPD modeling and simulation in drug discovery and
development. We are leading several first-of-its-kind QSP Consortia with more than 10 global
pharmaceutical companies and have a rapidly expanding consultancy portfolio. Our QSP scientists
work in close collaboration with other Certara staff and clients to generate and use state-of-the-art
mechanistic models for decision making in pharmaceutical R&D. The models are designed in close
dialogue with clients and developed with a view to creating user-friendly tools that will inform drug
development programs from discovery to regulatory filing. We have unique capability to seamlessly
integrate bespoke QSP models into the Simcyp physiologically-based pharmacokinetic (PBPK)
platform. Besides our well-established leadership in applied QSP approaches in Immunology and
Immuno-Oncology, we are now also the leading provider of QSP approaches in neuro-degenerative
diseases through Certara's recent acquisition of the In Silico Biosciences modelling platform.
We are seeking highly motivated and talented QSP modelling experts at all levels, who share our
passion for using quantitative approaches to understand and impact complex drug discovery and
development questions. Positions are available at various levels of experience across our global
locations and for flexible, home-based roles.
Requirements (essential/desirable depending on level):
* Postdoctoral experience in systems modelling for drug discovery/ development teams.
* PhD (or equivalent) in life sciences, engineering, computer sciences, mathematics physics or
* Good understanding of PKPD, pharmacology and biology and its application in drug discovery
* Very familiar and outstanding hands-on expertise with Matlab, Neuron or other similar
* Strong publication record (commensurate with level of experience).
* Excellent interpersonal skills.
* Skilled and experienced at facilitating a multi-disciplinary team to work together on a complex
* Ability to clearly and efficiently communicate with all stakeholders.
* Organised and with track record of delivering quality results on time.
* Ability to work virtually with project teams across different locations and time zones.
* Leads by example.
* Highly computer literate and familiar with modern IT and communications technology.
* Good presentation skills.
* Combines scientific excellence with ability to make impact in drug discovery and development programs.
* Ability to manage multiple client project timelines and deliverables simultaneously.
Role (depending on experience)
* Overall responsibility for project delivery of quality QSP solutions on time.
* Provide hands-on technical support for model building when required.
* Work with clients to ensure they receive the expected added value.
* Work with the consortium/ consulting teams to ensure optimal deployment of resources.
* Work with Certara QSP line management to deliver optimum solutions.
* Provide general expert technical input across Certara QSP portfolio.
* Mentor other Certara QSP staff.
Certara is a growing company that provides a novel and exciting place to work. Our purpose is to assist in accelerating the development of meaningful medicines that make an impact on our society and the people that need them most. Innovation and creativity are highly valued, and everyone is given the opportunity for training and continuous development. Our portfolio spans the discovery, preclinical, clinical and post-marketing phases of drug development, working with 1,200 commercial companies, 250 academic institutions, and numerous regulatory agencies.
The well-being of our employees is a priority at Certara, and that is why we support the most important aspects of their lives:
* Financial competitive pay, incentives, retirement plans, income security programs
* Health and Wellness comprehensive benefit package, wellness programs, healthy lifestyle
* Work/Life unlimited paid time off and an employee assistance program
* Growth & Development performance driven environment
* Community Impact volunteering opportunities, matching gifts, charitable contributions
Certara... For full info follow application link.
Certara is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Certara does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, non-disqualifying physical or mental disability, national origin, veteran status or any other basis covered by appropriate law. All employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit, and business need.